05Malibu Final Build - DC - PRV - SHCA - XS - SINGER

There have been studies on here about running Neg wiring and the gains are so small that most consider not worth the $ and time to do it. Good frame grounds work, just keep them protected from rusting.

Work looks good man... keep it up!

That was my thinking in not doing 2 runs of negative... But since I had already planned on it and had the wire/techflex I decided what the hell and went with it.

Looks good man! ya if you already had the wire and flex then why not. Now what?

Well unfortunately it's another classic case of 1 step forward, 2 steps back... While I had the car jacked up and tires off I decided to check everything over and well it's not horrible, but it's not good. Lol.

Need new front struts (which I kinda figured anyway)

Driver side lower control arm could use replacing

Driver side outer tie rod needs replacing (I have inner and outer already, only did passenger side before, driver was good)

Front brakes need new rotors/pads... (I bought some but the company sent me the ones for the 05 classic... Smh)

Rear needs to basically be replaced.. Links, arms, shocks, etc.

And I noticed I had a lot of inside wear on my front tires, so tires will be on that list in the near future. I rotated them so hopefully that buys me some time and I can make it thru the winter.

With all that being said, I'm going to continue to keep plugging away at getting the build ready... Mainly wiring/deadening/prepping type of thing..

I don't want to add a ton of weight to an over stressed and over aged foundation/suspension system. Trying to prolong the life of this car as much as I can since I've done and am doing so much work to it.

My techflex and more wire came in the mail, sooo today's project is getting all this crap in lol

34880782-80B5-46A6-8EC8-DBDC58F7F970.jpg

BE717B44-D6C6-4E09-9E6A-D0322C4E6B19.jpg

Hey bud, if you want endless more color choices and probably a lot cheaper techflex check out ebay user "FurryLetters". http://stores.ebay.com/FURRYLETTERS

That dude is the shit and is the easiest to work with. All looks GREAT! Just a friendly thought for you.

Also brother, just a small concern since you have put so much time and money into the install. I have seen several times the plastic zip ties that you used to run your + and - runs beneath the car break in the cold. I just saw some pics of a dudes power wires that broke from the zip ties and got caught in the suspension and dragged on the ground shorting out his whole system. It all looks so perfect I just don't want you to have any more setbacks. Again, just food for thought! ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE WORK YOU HAVE DONE!

Also brother, just a small concern since you have put so much time and money into the install. I have seen several times the plastic zip ties that you used to run your + and - runs beneath the car break in the cold. I just saw some pics of a dudes power wires that broke from the zip ties and got caught in the suspension and dragged on the ground shorting out his whole system. It all looks so perfect I just don't want you to have any more setbacks. Again, just food for thought! ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE WORK YOU HAVE DONE!

Double thanks bro! For the eBay link and the zip tie concern.

Honestly that exact thought had crossed my mind after installing, even tho the wires are held in tight place by more than just those screw zip ties, I would really hate for something dumb like what you mentioned to happen.

I will probably get some metal wire brackets just for good measure.

Thank you for mentioning that tho, I didn't know if I was just being paranoid and overthinking it.

Hey bro, no need for thanks! After checking out your entire build thread I had a feeling you would have thought of that issue! You build is down right amazing! I didn't want to sound like a know-it-all cock though. Thanks for being so cool with others observations! Never meant to dis, just supporting a fellow enthusiast! Keep on enjoying your sweet ass creation! I check back often!

Archived