pitorican Posted November 22, 2013 Author Report Posted November 22, 2013 Here is an easy to build alternative nearing your max dimensions: I am leaning towards a center port if u can come up with something like that with an aero port or a top port
pitorican Posted November 22, 2013 Author Report Posted November 22, 2013 I was thinking something like this.. but this is to big Or like this I think aero ports my be my best bet
pitorican Posted November 22, 2013 Author Report Posted November 22, 2013 I think if I ran a aero port I could get it either into the old factory sub hole or through the arm rest easier then a slot port.. please help and give me ur insight
Joe X Posted November 22, 2013 Report Posted November 22, 2013 I think if I ran a aero port I could get it either into the old factory sub hole or through the arm rest easier then a slot port.. please help and give me ur insight For it to sound properly it would need to be a 4th bandpass and those subs are not optimized for a 4th bandpass, a center ported box would need to be something like this: All those turns do not help port efficiency and increase the number of parts needed, the port on the side is the best approach due to increased efficiency and simplicity, the port in the middle is used to avoid uneven loading in some setups but I don't think that's necessary in your case.
pitorican Posted November 22, 2013 Author Report Posted November 22, 2013 I think if I ran a aero port I could get it either into the old factory sub hole or through the arm rest easier then a slot port.. please help and give me ur insight For it to sound properly it would need to be a 4th bandpass and those subs are not optimized for a 4th bandpass, a center ported box would need to be something like this: All those turns do not help port efficiency and increase the number of parts needed, the port on the side is the best approach due to increased efficiency and simplicity, the port in the middle is used to avoid uneven loading in some setups but I don't think that's necessary in your case. can u get me all the measurements of this box by any chance
pitorican Posted November 22, 2013 Author Report Posted November 22, 2013 what is the airspace and what would it be tuned to.. im looking for more of a SQ style but with a nice sound and thump
Joe X Posted November 22, 2013 Report Posted November 22, 2013 what is the airspace and what would it be tuned to.. im looking for more of a SQ style but with a nice sound and thump Boxes for SQ require lower net airspace and lower tuning may be beneficial, that most likely won't be possible with the center port as the lateral ducts would become longer, you could also do sealed but it's inefficient and you don't have that much power available. A ported box leaning SQ a bit would spec about 1.2-1.3 cubes net to 33Hz for those subs, port area no less than 25 square inches specially with all those turns.
pitorican Posted November 22, 2013 Author Report Posted November 22, 2013 Well then lets go for the best setup possible with what I have
Triticum Agricolam Posted November 22, 2013 Report Posted November 22, 2013 A box like Joe X posted with the port on the side would be the best way to go IMHO. You said you wanted a center port, so that's what I made, but Joe X's design would be SO much simpler and wouldn't have the complicated port design mine does. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Triticum Agricolam Posted November 22, 2013 Report Posted November 22, 2013 On a different note, have you personally run a labyrinth port before and can vouch for the results? If so, what were the factors like equipment, vehicle, quantity of drivers and size of drivers, etc? I have not, my opinion when it comes to labyrinth ports is purely based on what other people have said worked for them. I have done lots of boxes with ports that wrap all the way around the back the of the box, and they have sounded fine. I have also built boxes with ports that ended up being too small and I got a bunch of port noise, that's why I'm a little gun shy of small ports. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.