pitorican Posted November 22, 2013 Report Posted November 22, 2013 so i have been trying to communicate with ram designs to design a box for me for my 2007 Acura TL and cant get a response so if someone could help that would be AMAZING!!! the space im able to play with 30'' wide x 15 to 16 tall x 16 deep... i am leaning to a center slot port or an aero port and i also have a factory sub hole that we could also port through just afraid that it will sound distorted if i go that way .. ill be powering these with a audison voce 5.1k 5 channel.. i just want a clean sound nothing to insane will provide pics if needed i have seen a few other topics like this same one on here but just slighty different deminsion.. willing to pay for ur time and help if we get it done
pitorican Posted November 22, 2013 Author Report Posted November 22, 2013 here is a link to my car and my old setup and pics of my new gear it this will help out at all.. i want the box to be a lil smaller then that one... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/178907-pitoricans-07-acura-tl-s/
Triticum Agricolam Posted November 22, 2013 Report Posted November 22, 2013 How's this look? The box has .75 cubes of internal volume per driver, 33.75 sq. in. of total port area, and is tuned to 35 Hz. It was a bit tricky to fit the port into this enclosure as the port needed to be quite long. Here is a shot of the internal structure: "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
CleanSierra Posted November 22, 2013 Report Posted November 22, 2013 I hate the manipulation of that port. It's got 3 180° turns. I don't know how efficient it would be. Nothing against you sir, I've seen you post and you are a knowledgeable member so please don't take offense. I HATE designing boxes for two of those subs with space constraints. Its so hard to get enough port area and tuning without a LONG ass port. Aero ports are the direction I'd lean if it were my build, probably twin 3" aeros. It may be less than desirable port area for two, but I'd doubt port noise would be a factor. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Triticum Agricolam Posted November 22, 2013 Report Posted November 22, 2013 I hate the manipulation of that port. It's got 3 180° turns. I don't know how efficient it would be. Nothing against you sir, I've seen you post and you are a knowledgeable member so please don't take offense. I HATE designing boxes for two of those subs with space constraints. Its so hard to get enough port area and tuning without a LONG ass port. Aero ports are the direction I'd lean if it were my build, probably twin 3" aeros. It may be less than desirable port area for two, but I'd doubt port noise would be a factor. No offense taken. I welcome any helpful critiquing of my designs, as you have done. I certainly don't know everything and I'm always looking for ways to improve. Like you said, designing small ported boxes like this is just tough. You are going to have to make design compromises somewhere. In this case its either having a labyrinth port, or small port area. Two 3" ports is only going to be 14 sq. in., which I don't think will be enough and you will get quite a bit of port noise, but that's just my appraisal of the situation and in practice it may not be an issue. I've see other folks with designs like mine with multiple 180s (mine has two 180's & one 90) and they seemed to work well so I'm still sticking with my compromise being the better of the two, and I have my reasons for that, but who knows? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
CleanSierra Posted November 22, 2013 Report Posted November 22, 2013 If you've heard the enclosures with multiple bends and they sound good, that's really awesome. I've stayed away from the multiplier 180° turns in my enclosures. I ran 2 10s isobaric in my last truck with twin 3" round ports and never had any port noise. I may have gotten lucky and they definitely weren't high Xmax subs. I lost output likely before any noise could be heard. These SA8s certainly have Xmax and quite the ability to handle power. You're probably right, 2 3" aeros may not cut it in that vehicle. I load mine off of a B-pillar. 1 4" port per sub could be an option as well(I realize not HUGE amounts higher than the 3" version, but should work for that sub without noise). Partially external port could be another option. Where there isn't always room for bulky square box, a round tube can sometimes sneak into a build. P.S. I've seen some of those labyrinth ported enclosures and have always wondered how they perform. They must do OK or I guess guys wouldn't build them Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
CleanSierra Posted November 22, 2013 Report Posted November 22, 2013 On a different note, have you personally run a labyrinth port before and can vouch for the results? If so, what were the factors like equipment, vehicle, quantity of drivers and size of drivers, etc? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Smoove Posted November 22, 2013 Report Posted November 22, 2013 I agree with cleansierra. 2 3" aero's would be the best set up. 14sqin of port plenty sufficient with aero's. Ram designs comes up with great box designs. 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
Joe X Posted November 22, 2013 Report Posted November 22, 2013 Here is an easy to build alternative nearing your max dimensions: Tuning: 34 HzNet volume: = 1.4 ft^3 Port Width = 2 1/8 inExternal Dimensions: 15 in x 28.75 in x 14 in
pitorican Posted November 22, 2013 Author Report Posted November 22, 2013 How's this look? The box has .75 cubes of internal volume per driver, 33.75 sq. in. of total port area, and is tuned to 35 Hz. It was a bit tricky to fit the port into this enclosure as the port needed to be quite long. Here is a shot of the internal structure: I like it just seems a lil complicated for me to build the internal baffels.. lol this will be the 2nd box I've ever built
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.