Second Skin Audio

ti basket compared to 12 spoke

MACnonsence6

whats the benefits if anything to using a ti basket vs a 12 spoke. i understand the tis use bigger diamiter spiders plus the added benefit of the spacer. im planning on buying a pair of re destroyer motors and would like to use ti baskets. from what i understand with a ti basket id be able to increase xmax as well as being able to keep everything linear bring the spacer alows the coil to be help in 2 places instead of one. atleast that is my under standing someone please chime in if im wrong. im trying to build a pair of these to be able to take a ct sounds 7k daily so advice and imput on that regard would be amazing.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Being cast aluminum it has great thermal properties to help the voice coils, the resonance will be above what the driver can do, the structural integrity and rigidity are very strong, and cast materials will never bend. They will however break if there are enough forces applied to it, but not bend.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Being cast aluminum it has great thermal properties to help the voice coils, the resonance will be above what the driver can do, the structural integrity and rigidity are very strong, and cast materials will never bend. They will however break if there are enough forces applied to it, but not bend.

Where are you getting this information from?

I don't put images in my signature to let people know I mean business.

the ti or the 12 spoke?

This TI basket:

$T2eC16Z,!ykE9s7t)2wCBRPr!jRMhQ~~60_57.J

It is cast aluminum is it not?

Where are you getting this information from?

http://www.stonessoundstudio.com.au/stone/diy_speaker_info/diy_driver_types_p3.htm

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

is that from the guy on ebay? i asked him about the 12" asking if it has the same bolt pattern as the 12 spoke and he said ya so thats pretty kool no drilling and should mate right up to the re destroyer motors. arnt 12 spokes also cast aluminum?

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

At the price difference I world assume not, and is stamped steel.

I don't remember for sure and it doesn't show on eBay so if anybody that can confirm it, it would be nice.

Derp... 75% of baskets are cast aluminum. Next would be stamped steel then custom tooled aluminum.

OP you essentially answered your own question, they are nice baskets!

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

just wanted to make sure what i thought was right i was never told any of that but just buy looking at them i could tell.

Ti Baskets and 12 spokes are both cast aluminum.

TI Basket usually has a different bolt pattern than 12 spoke but you must check as there are half a dozen or more versions of each.

Ti Basket has 10" Spider rings on 12" +

12 spoke can have stepped spider rings up to 8.5"

Ti basket has opening for 4" coil motors

12 spokes usually have opening for 3" coils and smaller.

Ti baskets are deeper from cone to spider.

Ti Baskets are deeper from spider to motor with larger area for ventilation.

12 spokes are less costly and fit on more motors

More soft parts are available to fit 12 spokes.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion