03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

thanks man, its coming together. I am working on sons travel trailer today & church tonight. Tomorrow is tire day, getting all the tires out of the crawl space. 3 sets: mine, the wifes and daughters. Daughters summer tires going on tomorrow afternoon. Wifes going to the shop saturday morning and i will be ready to put mine on real soon.

6 minutes ago, bsneon98 said:

hell yeah man. get er done! lol

Working on it! lol Just trying not to rush it and fuck anything up. But ya 8+ weeks straight on it is burning me out. It needs to be done and enjoyed for a little while before next round of upgrades which would be subs and redo trunk area. Nothing as fancy as yours though. lol

9 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

Working on it! lol Just trying not to rush it and fuck anything up. But ya 8+ weeks straight on it is burning me out. It needs to be done and enjoyed for a little while before next round of upgrades which would be subs and redo trunk area. Nothing as fancy as yours though. lol

Yeah I remember how tired I was last winter during this process. Id never think of mine as fancy lol thanks man cant wait to see what you come up with. 

I got it 99% done. Love the color in low light, hate it in the sun but it will do for now. I can always repaint next winter. 

Front end is my favorite part of the car. Stance is nice with the lowering spring and handles 10x better than it did so i am motivated to do the rear coils & struts. Pull door panels to let 6.5" breath. And finally tune that damn thing. Sounds good but i know it can sound better. Running system without subs and using the 8" midbass is fun.

Tint the tail lights and do more work later. Burned out on it now. 

I found out friday that the best audio shop in Anchorage is having a sound competition so i would be interested in entering the Lancer & Malibu and possible the daughters vehicle. 

• 2 weeks later...

I took my Lancer to our local audio shop (best in town IMO) to give them a demo and walk around. They where impressed & surprised that i did all the work and it is my hobby. I am going to try and enter it in the June 17th competition.  They can only fit 85 vehicles in the space but expect up to 300 entrees so i hope i can be one of them. If the malibu was done i would try that one too. I don't care if i make it in or not i am just stoked to hear other systems. 

Did a bit of tuning today and sounds pretty good for the most part. I love turning the subs off and running the 8's. Fuckers put out the midbass. Pretty much all my equipment is still new, i don't think i have a driver thats completely broke in all the way. especially the subs. Probably why i dont like them right now.

I just got a provisional license after not driving for 8 years due to DUI's. AK doesn't fuck around with it up here. So now that i can drive the bitch shit will get tuned better and broke in fast! Just have to listen for ignition inter locker, sucks but beats not being able to drive.

Pics of car finished soon. Dirty right now. Tinted tail lights the other day and they look really good.

Archived