Second Skin Audio

Regular Cab truck Box

Actually Joe, that's what I thought too at a quick glance. But looking further, if he builds the enclosure on the big side of what Sundown suggests(which he doesn't have the room for :( ), at 2.5 cubes net, and wanted a tuning of 36 Hz(perfect for a regular cab) the length would be 12.6"

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Well all sorts of good info given. But someone was comeparing the space of the Dakota and Chevy, was a bad comparison, the Dakota is more roomy. What i really suggest is listening to as many trucks as you can before making your decision. With my 91 chevy i was kind of in the same situation you are in. ( but i wished i had gone with the two 8's instead ) So all that being said all i can tell you is what i run and it's loud. 6x9's in the doors and 6x9's behind seat in small custom boxes (.4 cu ft ) 4x6's in the dash ( wich im going to get rid of) Tweeters in the dash. And a 12'' sub behind seat in a 1.4 cu ft box. Its like haveing your head in a speaker. I get great bass, and still have great mid vocal and highs. If you amp the speakers, adjust everything right you will be happy. But just speaking from experience i would still do the two 8's. They will still get low and bang hard without needing all the box space 10's or 12's will need. Good luck in what ever you choose.

truthsayer

Well all sorts of good info given. But someone was comeparing the space of the Dakota and Chevy, was a bad comparison, the Dakota is more roomy. What i really suggest is listening to as many trucks as you can before making your decision. With my 91 chevy i was kind of in the same situation you are in. ( but i wished i had gone with the two 8's instead ) So all that being said all i can tell you is what i run and it's loud. 6x9's in the doors and 6x9's behind seat in small custom boxes (.4 cu ft ) 4x6's in the dash ( wich im going to get rid of) Tweeters in the dash. And a 12'' sub behind seat in a 1.4 cu ft box. Its like haveing your head in a speaker. I get great bass, and still have great mid vocal and highs. If you amp the speakers, adjust everything right you will be happy. But just speaking from experience i would still do the two 8's. They will still get low and bang hard without needing all the box space 10's or 12's will need. Good luck in what ever you choose.

no dakota is a mini truck and a silverado is a full size truck my box is way smalller then his design here mine I got 2 separte boxes

387037_469633526433276_2042281377_n.jpg

don't mind the .57 its realy .6-.7

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

Archived