Second Skin Audio

rockford fosgate shallow punch 8" d4

MACnonsence6

just emailed them about the sensitivity being 82 and they said that was with the coils wired in series wich i kinda figured that being the case both coils wired in parralell should give me about an 85-86 sensitivity correct?

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Incorrect :)

For example the P3SD4-8 is in fact 82dB/w/m and that number is independent of impedance, what changes with impedance is voltage sensitivity dB/2.83V/m.

In any case the number is useless without considering all the other parameters.

being that id be running that sub in a really small enclosure,glassed in a cubby in the door panel. on a ct sounds 125.5 @ 2ohms so 190 rms. with a ct sounds 125.4 running a pair

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/t1693

and

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/t1675-s

do you think everything would be even ish spl wise. im trying to have everything kinda even from the start i plan to use a 3 sixty 3 to level things out going to use slightly over rms so ill end up setting gains on the filters for the 3 sixty 3 down vs up to achieve what im after.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

im going with the shallows glassed in the cubby as a midbass its going in a neon so i dont really wana put anything in the kicks just going for an over all simple yet clean build. pretty stuck on using these shallow 8s feel like they would work for what i wana do very well. especially using the 3 sixty 3 to dial them in perfect

Sounds like it should work. Only one way to know.... try it, take pics, and lets us know. I like your Equipment. My 03 Lancer is a all RF build. Happy Thanksgiving everyoneat SMD!

ill have to measure and see but im not sure as to the actuall size of the " enclosure" they will be in. im not planning on glassing till warmer weather anyway just getting an idea and getting all my equipment. i currently have there 5.25 component set up front but being there like 86 sensitivity and 75 rms i wana up grade to the set mentioned above to keep spl rather close and rms the same as the 6x9s i have

Archived