Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Single 10" subwoofer 1500-1700 RMS daily use


oldsoundguy

Recommended Posts

Posted

I was in a similar boat. I was looking at a pair of subs that could take like 1750 each daily. What was on my short list was the Sundown X, Fi BL, and DC Level 4 M2. Looking back, I should've included the SSA Icon.

X - Couldn't find enough information about them online. The only person I saw who really used them was Agreene (sp?).. The kid with the Subie. His were in a 4th order bandpass, and he seems to love it. Id be doing a basic ported box. I couldn't find any legit ported builds with them. Hell, I couldn't even find specs for the damn woofers.

BL - I like AA/Fi, I really do. I like how they machine their own steel, and how their subs are actually engineered by Fi. I just couldn't see myself waiting at least a month, which seems to be their average wait time. I expect them to be even busier during the holidays.

Lvl 4 - Cody. That says it all. He's answered all of my questions, and these will be a solid choice based on what he said and what I found online. I see builds all over the place, which gives me a feel for the types of boxes they like. As you guys know, a build is 10% equipment and 90% install.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

 

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Posted

the Fi q

Fi should be offering all options free, as well as shipping for Black Friday and the holiday season. That's definitely a great deal.

OP you're going to find everyone's personal favorites, which is totally fine. It might make YOUR decision harder, but it will be nice to see who stand behind the equipment they run because they love it and it's treating them well.

not all options are free

Posted

alright I made a decision. The soundqubed hdc3 12" was just to good of a deal to pass up. It was 224 shipped so I went for it.

Should do better than my now RE SEX10D4 rated at 600RMS

I will build a new box for the soundqubed based on the email I sent the them about it. They said for the 12 I should be about 2.0 ft and 21" port length and a port volume of 32cu" @ 35 hz... I have a box designed that is 2.33 cf and a port length of 24.15" @ 31.05 cu" @ 35.3 HZ. That's as close as I could get.

It will be 26" long 15" high 16" deep with a 2.3" port 12.95 x7" L port

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5772 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...