Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

New subwoofer for Christmas??


David Mears

Recommended Posts

Posted

Wow, start over and breathe.

Let us see pictures of your current setup, that will help us know which direction to go. A good box design with WHATEVER you choose, will be the best thing you ever do for your install. Lets not worry about amps and brands yet. A

There is no such thing as a half wall, just a box where a seat is supposed to be. If you want to get serious, wall whatever you plan on getting, or do a nice trunk setup sealed and firing forward.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

I don't have any pictures and my cars starters being worked on atm but I can get some when I get my car back. I'm definitely going to re do my system. I was supposed to put my back seat in anyways because I should be getting a new vehicle. I'm hoping for a jeep or a a car that has foldable seats -_-

Posted

If you're getting a different vehicle, for bother putting a system in this one. Especially one that is destined to be underwhelming. I don't know for sure without seeing, but the current setup with the 18" SoloX not being sealed off from the rear of the car won't ever work how you want. Air us given the choice to go where it wants, ie all around the enclosure, on the sides, up on the rear deck. A wall, eliminates that. The air travels forward, where you want it.

So if you do any system in the car after this, it needs to be done differently.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Can I do 4 subs with my amp?

If you have to ask.....

Anyway, for $800 I would invest in the amps required for 2 bls/sp4s before even thinking about upgrading the subs.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5772 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...