XS Power

is it worth it to go to 14 volt batteries

I will be running 2 ct sounds 2500.1's and 4 meso 15's. amps a rated at 2500 at 12 volts/ 3900 at 14.4. I have a d3400 under the hood now and 2 d680's in the back (only running one amp right now on 3 12's) when I do my new build I will be installing a 2nd alt that will JUST charge the audio batteries with a external regulator. the stock alt will be charging the truck's factory electrics and that's it. the small d680's will be sold too. so would it be worth it to run a bank of d1400's 14 volt batteries or just stick with 12 volt

12V Charges at 14, 14 Charges at 16, 16 charges at 18.

Are you talking straight up swap of 12v batts to 14, and charging at 16?
Its been done, some cars can handle, some i wouldn't even attempt..

All comes down to the vehicle.

Hell, i think dbDon, is doing 18v daily? Or it maybe 16? Not sure on that one.

or, Add 2nd alt, do a complete different charging system, stock 12v, then 14v for the sub amps. Details man! details!!

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

I think it's a good idea using stock alt and batt to run vehicle. Then getting HO Alt and 14v batts to power your audio equipment. Hell yea if your amps can handle the 16.7 volts they will see. DO IT

truthsayer

I was a gain for me on meter by .6 I run my Tahoe on 16 v all day for yrs it doesn't like 16.8 but 16.2 is fine like stated most a/ b amps protect I run zapcos sundown an a few others have nice highs amps .. I never drop below 14 v

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.