Sonic Electronix

*sticky* Free Tech support

link to youtube quote?

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Is this thread still active?

Well first off this is my first post and would just like to say that what I said on the youtube was not meant to be disrespectful...

Anyways, I am trying to get all my speakers on amps.

I have an 8awg power wire to the back of the trunk (1996 gmc jimmy 4 door)

I have a sony 40w x4 amp for the dash (40w 4x6") and I need a 60w x2 for the front doors (in the future I might need a 4 way as I'm going to get the same speakers for the rear)

I was wondering the best way to wire those speakers to amps.

I ran speaker wire to the head unit but I get static as they are un-shielded.

New to amps/aftermarket speakers.

please explain what you did a little better..

you ran speaker wire from what.. to what part of the headunit. and why did you do this?

please explain what you did a little better..

you ran speaker wire from what.. to what part of the headunit. and why did you do this?

Well the dash speakers are connected to the head unit (obviously)

To run them on an amp in the back, I had to run speaker wire directly to them along the floor, the same route as the power, remote, rca, etc.

I ran the wire to the head unit because that's where the lines for the dash/front door speakers were. It was easier to do that than to run all the way to each speaker.

The bad part about this is that I found out the front doors are bridged on the dash speakers. So I'm not sure what to do...

I have managed to isolate each speaker wire though so I know where to look to re-wire them to amps...I think....

i suck men dry...email me for details

youtube link?

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

youtube link?

I don't remember exactly what vid but it was the tahoe with 26 inch rims lowered backing out of the driveway I think?

All I said was that the brakes looked small on the big rims, he should paint the truck/body kit, etc...I'm blocked now though...

i suck men dry...email me for details

With a new 270 alt to my 01 Grand Prix, i'll be running a zero gauge power wire.

Do i need to have a zero gauge ground also?

I'll be adding a kinetic 2000 also should i run a ground all the way back to the main battery?

Would i be limited by a four gauge ground?

what the best way to do this?

thanks

brandon

2 1/0's for power

2 1/0 grounds

IMO

Ray,

As I remember you once said you use "wilwood landau top glue" for bonding grill cloth to plastin for fiberglassing.

Well this is the closest thing I found around my area

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xhc/R-100195615/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xhc/R-100174435/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Do you think I can use this to permanently bond the grill cloth to the plastic in my door panels??/

Ray,

As I remember you once said you use "wilwood landau top glue" for bonding grill cloth to plastin for fiberglassing.

Well this is the closest thing I found around my area

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xhc/R-100195615/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xhc/R-100174435/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Do you think I can use this to permanently bond the grill cloth to the plastic in my door panels??/

BUMP,

I already got my grill cloth, I just need to know whitch glue would work out the best for me...

Archived