Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

*sticky* Free Tech support


Recommended Posts

Posted

what do you have in mind??

Are looking to find the math involved in port calculations?

What I tune a box to involves the overall size of the box, size of the car, type of music, amount of power, fs of the driver, q of the driver.

So is there a quick way???? sure ... just take a pro's word, other than that, well it is all experience.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
Posted

Yea I wanna learn how to use the box size and subs ratings to figure out the boxes frequency. I'm not a huge fan of high tuned systems for competing, they work, but id rather have my stuff tuned around 30-34 hz alllll the time. What calculations can i use to figure out what size my port walls/aeros need to be to get tuned to the desired frequency?

I basically wanna be able to design boxes w/ their tuning when I'm bored because I have some pretty B.A. ideas for designs and such and want to be able to use them lol

New project in the works ;)

Posted

hey i was wondering what would be better two alpine tpe r 15s or alpind type x 12s?couple people told me that 15s sound and air flow dont travel out so im better off with 12s...but i aint sure cuz i want somethin that hit more than wut i have rite now which are sony xploid 15s...so get at [email protected]

Posted

hey i was wondering what would be better two alpine tpe r 15s or alpind type x 12s?couple people told me that 15s sound and air flow dont travel out so im better off with 12s...but i aint sure cuz i want somethin that hit more than wut i have rite now which are sony xploid 15s...so get at [email protected]

What????

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
  • 1 month later...
Posted

I have never ran a highs amp before with a sub amp and was wondering how people do it?

I have two Rockford Fosgate Power T40001bds for the BTL-18s and a Alpine MRP-F550 for the 4 sets of Alpine SPR-17S.

I dont know how to run the highs amp with the sub amps. Do I use a Hi-Lo Adaptor?

My headunit is the Alpine IVA-W205 which has 3 pre-amp outputs: Front/Rear/Sub

I'm confused on what to do? Let alone a lil scarred on trying to build the wall....lol

1998 Monte Carlo Z34

Stock HU but have replacement

Stock Highs

Stock Electrical

BTL 18 sitting naked

AP1500D

Posted

one more thing: what is an epicenter and why should someone have it?

1998 Monte Carlo Z34

Stock HU but have replacement

Stock Highs

Stock Electrical

BTL 18 sitting naked

AP1500D

  • 2 months later...
Guest MegaloManiac
Posted

one more thing: what is an epicenter and why should someone have it?

epicenter is a sound processor for bass restoration. It reproduces bass, thats it. It is beneficial for a person who listens to music which lacks bass. Epicenter is not suited for rap, it is suited for more rock,alternative, pop type of music. :)

ray is busy with his new shop, so i thought id answer it

  • 2 months later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 825 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...