few questions

im in the process of saving and piecing together a rather large upgrade for my car. planning to buy a pair of re destroyer motors tomorrow and have them built by psi from what ive talked with them about 2500 rms. so my plan is to pair them with a ct sounds 4k being that it makes a lil over 5k at 14.

i have a few questions regarding my electrical.

1. can you use 14v batterys with an alt that charges at 14v, would that give you a higher resting voltage as well as more play time till discharged?

2. ive been reading about super capacitors. and have been looking into getting these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6X-Ultracapacitor-Ultra-Super-Car-Farad-Capacitor-2-5V-2300F-/181252822052?pt=Battery_Chargers&hash=item2a33829424

from what ive read and advice ive been giving the plan is. 3 banks of 6 wired in series. then each bank wired together in parallel. wich should give me a max voltage of 15. and 1150 worth of farad. now to go with that i plan to use depending on the answer to question 1.

a pair of these in the spare tire well

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XS-POWER-D3100-12V-DEEP-CYCLE-AGM-POWER-CELL-5000-MAX-AMPS-/281208027761?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item41794dfa71&vxp=mtr

and then im not sure what to run upfront ill have to make a larger battery tray. but basically im trying to figure out aside from what i have listed here what i need battery wise to be able to run. a ct 4k there 125.2 as well as there 125.4

i was planning to use a run each of + and - of 4/0 ofc from welding supply from front to rear i believe thats rated at 550 amps per 50 feet. being ill prolly at the longest run not even need 25 i feel as though that wire would work well.

im in the process of trying to locate a H/O for my car "98 dodge neon"

ive emailed a few companys and am waiting to here back but from what ive seen there usually a 220 ish amp alt.

the goal here is for daily on music prolly wont be ran full tilt to often but id like for everything to be able to handle its self when i decide to go full tilt.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

1. no

2. no

the rest: just get the xs power and be done with it. stay with 12v batteries. i would use 1/0. also, in a neon, you are probably going to have to overhaul the rear suspension to handle the added weight of the batteries and other stuff.

edit: and if you do put more batteries in the rear upgrade your alt like you said or charge them every night....

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

plan was to use 2nd gen springs if i have susspention issues i have all new strut/spring assemly all around. and why 1/0? makes more sence to me to use bigger cable and do less runs

and why no to caps? seems like a good way to go being i have rather little space to use. also the plan was to get a small xs charger and wire that in them threw like where the gas cap is so i could charge over night my only thing about that is if such a small charger would even be able to get everything fully charged over night. then comes the question if its ok to do that while using caps

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

do you seriously know how big 4/0 wire is?

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

Wanna ride bikes?

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

Do horns get low

no idea but when the runs are going under the car i dont think it matters. plan was to run under the car and have them enter into the spare tire well. im planning to order a 1 ft section of this cable before i order everything i need to determin if that size is the actual size and if it would be what i need for this aplication

do you seriously know how big 4/0 wire is?

yes 4/0 welding is the size of skyhhigh 2/0

it's fucking huge.

Wanna ride bikes?

Do horns get low

its fatter than a garden hose. i have double 0 gage welding wire and what a huge pain in the ass that was to run. it will burn your arms out as If your lifting weights. its heavy and doesn't like to bend even tho i have the "high flex" stuff. if i sell my car i won't reinstall it. plus finding and buying distribution blocks and terminals for it is three times the price and twice as hard to find. id say 0g or 00g not 0000g <- even looks huge writin out!ha

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

its fatter than a garden hose. i have double 0 gage welding wire and what a huge pain in the ass that was to run. it will burn your arms out as If your lifting weights. its heavy and doesn't like to bend even tho i have the "high flex" stuff. if i sell my car i won't reinstall it. plus finding and buying distribution blocks and terminals for it is three times the price and twice as hard to find. id say 0g or 00g not 0000g <- even looks huge writin out!ha

thats what i mean... we have 0000 at my work for our induction furnace its is crazy how big it is.

Wanna ride bikes?

Do horns get low

Archived