Second Skin Audio

Need help choosing FI sub, by midnight! for black friday

David Mears

Cone is king. Honestly idk I would probably go with the team because it gives you a lot more room to upgrade and it is just straight up kick ass

I really dont wanna fall into a money pit getting more batteries and amps and alternators. Unless the team would be raw with 3000 watts going to it. But I mean what would the differences be of all the subs I mentioned with 3000 watts going to them? Im not going to do any 18s because the 15s will get low enough for me and will scream on the highs. Not to mention more box space required

A) Pick a wattage range your comfortable with that your car is capable of supplying.

B ) Pick a Sub capable of playing in the exact wattage range and not over as you are just spending money on something you do not need. IE a 4500w sub on 3k.

C) Enclosure will dictate on how well it sounds as well as how loud it will get.

Once you know what all the things are before you pick a sub then the choices become easier to make.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Cone is king. Honestly idk I would probably go with the team because it gives you a lot more room to upgrade and it is just straight up kick ass

I really dont wanna fall into a money pit getting more batteries and amps and alternators. Unless the team would be raw with 3000 watts going to it. But I mean what would the differences be of all the subs I mentioned with 3000 watts going to them? Im not going to do any 18s because the 15s will get low enough for me and will scream on the highs. Not to mention more box space required

you realize the box determines how low a sub gets....

A) Pick a wattage range your comfortable with that your car is capable of supplying.

B ) Pick a Sub capable of playing in the exact wattage range and not over as you are just spending money on something you do not need. IE a 4500w sub on 3k.

C) Enclosure will dictate on how well it sounds as well as how loud it will get.

Once you know what all the things are before you pick a sub then the choices become easier to make.

3200 rms no higher no lower, eventually will get a H/O alt.

i will not get a team. The sp4 is perfect for my amp, 2 bl 15s are as well.

Enclosure will be professionally done so im not worried atm. I have an hour left to decide which one(s) to order. Right now it comes down to these two options: One sp4 15 or 2 bl 15s. I already had a solo x18. 18s seem to like lower frequncies and the 15 seems more practical for me.

Archived