Jump to content

That Loud Focus...USAlternators Hairpin, 4 DD 9515i's in a B pillar on 2 Soundstream XXX-15K's. Caps and Lithium Power. New vids


Recommended Posts

Posted

Ill be running an external regulator. Mike singer set me up with it.

I'll most likely get a battery light but the car will still run just fine.

Mine is the 1st green focus zx3 though.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Posted

You're lucky. On the one I have they said that it would cause several issues. Mechman said it could cause the windows to stop working, the ac, etc. living in the desert I'm not interested in any of those issues plus throwing codes.

Posted

Well when I ran my xxx on nothing but stock electrical for shits and giggles when the bass would let up it would overcompensate and jump up to like 15.8 for a solid 10 seconds. When I get my alt and external regulator in I'm just goanna keep turning it up until I either feel uncomfortable or something breaks lol.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

Posted

What were you guys told was the max limit for them.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

Posted

Mechman when I spoke to them stated that that I could not go to an external regulated setup. They said the car will not function properly. They said if the PCM doesn't have the correct signals it could/would affect the Auto transmission, A/C, how the engine runs, power windows, everything. The potential rewards didn't out weigh the risks.

Posted

Mechman when I spoke to them stated that that I could not go to an external regulated setup. They said the car will not function properly. They said if the PCM doesn't have the correct signals it could/would affect the Auto transmission, A/C, how the engine runs, power windows, everything. The potential rewards didn't out weigh the risks.

ok I see so it wasn't about the voltage as much as it was about all that stuff. Hmm, well I know bump4life will be helping me with all of this so I will have to talk to him to see what his take is on it. Eventually though I do wanna run 16 volts

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

Posted

As far as I've been told and read an external reg (first Gen) will only trip the battery light as it will see the alt not working correctly.

Figure it out easily

Disconnect the plug on the alt and start the car. If everything works correctly off the battery then should/would react the same with an external regulated alt.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Posted

As far as I've been told and read an external reg (first Gen) will only trip the battery light as it will see the alt not working correctly.

Figure it out easily

Disconnect the plug on the alt and start the car. If everything works correctly off the battery then should/would react the same with an external regulated alt.

interesting. I may have to try that.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

Posted

Well think about it. The only.part that affects the computer is that the pcm wouldn't be plugged into the alt. So disconnecting it and the car running on just the batt would simulate what your planning.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Posted

Well think about it. The only.part that affects the computer is that the pcm wouldn't be plugged into the alt. So disconnecting it and the car running on just the batt would simulate what your planning.

that's true. I don't care about battery lights lr anything. I just want the car to drive, look nice, and be loud lol

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 579 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...