Second Skin Audio

how to secure a PVC pipe port?

Ok so I am having a bit of trouble figuring out how to secure my ports in my box. They are PVC and I don't want any glue or adhesive on the outside of the box. I was thinking of making the holes so that the PVC has a tight fit but I'm not sure how well that would work. Any ideas?

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

Here's how I do it.

With a double baffle box-

From the back of the baffle make a hole 3/4" deep thats the same size as the outer diameter of the pipe. Then make a hole all the way through thats the same size as the inner diameter of the pipe. Then rough up the pipe with some heavy grit sand paper use some gorilla glue and cram the pipe in the hole from the back. This way its seamless on the baffle and you can use a round over bit to make a little flair.

Single baffle-

Just cut the hole in the baffle the same size as the inner diameter of the pipe and make a MDF ring that fits around the pipe. Glue the ring to the back of the baffle then glue the pipe in.

Edit: it wouldn't hurt to make a MDF ring with the double baffle or multiple rings with the single baffle to get more surface area to glue the pipe to.

4 fully loaded Fi sp4 15's

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

All crammed into a mustang.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150569-mikeg321s-fi-nendo-mustang-getting-walled-videos-page-4/

Here's how I do it.

With a double baffle box-

From the back of the baffle make a hole 3/4" deep thats the same size as the outer diameter of the pipe. Then make a hole all the way through thats the same size as the inner diameter of the pipe. Then rough up the pipe with some heavy grit sand paper use some gorilla glue and cram the pipe in the hole from the back. This way its seamless on the baffle and you can use a round over bit to make a little flair.

Single baffle-

Just cut the hole in the baffle the same size as the inner diameter of the pipe and make a MDF ring that fits around the pipe. Glue the ring to the back of the baffle then glue the pipe in.

Edit: it wouldn't hurt to make a MDF ring with the double baffle or multiple rings with the single baffle to get more surface area to glue the pipe to.

That's how I do mine

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

Archived