Suggestions/tips for new speakers

SchnuppeR

Hello guys I am looking to upgrade my front speakers I used to have some older Polk Audio 5.25 componants the DB series and recently had to put stock speakers back in due to my neglect of leaving my windows open in a storm. I didn't like the sound of the tweeters they were very metallic sounding and extremely harsh and lacked any type of midbass at all from the speakers.

So I am looking to spend 200-300ish on a set. I would perfer 6.5" and will be making a mdf adapter to fit in my doors. This is going in my 2 door cavalier with my current bass set up being 2 alpine type r's in a 2.2qft vented box tuned at 33hz port back/subs back powered by an AQ2200 at 1ohm.

And also i will need a new 2 or 4 channel amp for running the componants, I do not have any desire or plans in the near future to upgrade my rear speakers so that may influence the options on amps.

I have a labscope for setting the gains so no worries about clipping either.

Thank you guys for your time and opinions/experiences.

The crescendo audio pwx 6.5 are a good choice. I run a ct sounds 125.4 lots of power for a good price and they are rated at 12 volts

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

I want componants and not "pro audio" younbass98 thank you for your suggestion. I will have to look at the CDT speakers also.

I have done some more research and was looking at the RF t2 set. The reviews are pretty good and i found them for 199.99 here. http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_23619_Rockford_Fosgate_T2652-S.aspx?utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=Product_Feed&utm_campaign=google_shopping_Price_Comparison&gclid=CLWdzLmMkrsCFa9cMgodZTAAaw

What do you guys recomend for amp?

Try the Neo RE Audio XXX 6.5 components sound great and are hefty. Silk tweeter so they are smooth sounding not harsh at all. 2 ohm also.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

T2s are good speakers if thats what your interested in. I would run 100 watts rms per channel to get the most out of them. Mine are on a T400-4 and want more. Speakers are all in the install though. Make sure you deaden/seal area well to get the most out of whatever you get.

I am going to goahead and purchase the T2's 6.5 for 199! I will make the mdf adapter and deaden the whole door no problems. I am debating on the amp now. I am looking at the t400-4 and also noticed the componants supplied crossover has invididual imputs for the tweeters and drivers. Am i able to run each speaker off each channel individually or just use like channel 1 and 2 non bridged?

Yes, if you want to go that route you can bi-amp the crossovers by running ch 1 &2 to the highs and ch 3 & 4 to the mids. You have to open the crossovers up and switch it to bi-amp mode. Or you get a 2 channel amp. Jusyt depends on what & how your running them off the HU. 4 channel allows for active down the road or run ch 1&2 for the T2s and have 3 & 4 for another set of speakers. Just take your time and do some reasearch on how you want to run and what you want out of your system. Others can chime in and give better or different advice. good luck.

The T2's are good but you said you wanted midbass and no harshness... The T2's tweeters are a bit tinny, a bit harsh and the mids sound great on vocals but have little midbass at all. For what you want your gonna need to take advice...CDT Audio is the way to go, and if not then Focals, MB quart Q series RE XXX series, these are all a way better choice.

Archived