Measuring@Headrest vs. Dash

Meka

Well I guess good thing I'm not going to be competing officially. However I will have burp and music numbers after TD. burp numbers off my usaci CD. And I got a few songs I wanna see what I hit.

My teammate has a 20xx honda accord 2 door with 2 XFL 12's on a Soundqubed 2200, subs rear firing burping at 47hz he did a 144.7 at the headrest. He has a H/O alt, only front battery hooked up at the time and one run +/- Just to give you an idea

Lol i actually did a 44.8 outlaw. 47hz Skar 2500. Shit box. Sealed off forward. Front and rear AGM battery. Battery decently dead from demoing all day. CCA wire, grounded to strut towers.

But since then I've doubled power. Got a way better box. Got way better electrical. And it sounds wayyyyyyy the hell louder. I am hoping for a 48+. I'll keep everyone informed. I'm still getting used to this metering thing. Its a skill for sure. I'm just a noob who did what the judge was telling me to do. I even pre maturly ran my run because I forgot to honk my horn (I was excited)

But since I'm not competing I'll be able to do a whole bunch of testing, and not limited to 2 runs. That was intimidating with a whole crowd of people around me.

Maybe in spring when I replace my batteries and alternator I'll try competing again and not be soooo noobish this time. It's harder then It looks IMO.

Let us know how it goes. Try at the headrest and sealed if you can, and throw some numbers in here. If it ever warms up I'm going to dust my meter off and see if I cant use some tips in here for a decent head rest number.

I have never competed meca, how do they hold the meter at the headrest? What are the rules for it? Peak score on burp? Unmanned?

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

There's a stand that sits on either seat and it holds the meter at the set height and they then adjust the seats so its a certain distance from the windshield. I don't remember the distances but its all in the rules

You're loud enough to were you'd have to be out of the vehicle while burping. Can have a door or window open.

Team Flex Issues

There's a stand that sits on either seat and it holds the meter at the set height and they then adjust the seats so its a certain distance from the windshield. I don't remember the distances but its all in the rules

You're loud enough to were you'd have to be out of the vehicle while burping. Can have a door or window open.

Meter is 20" away from windshield horizontally except Radical X class, which meter is at the passenger dash (6" from pillar & 4" above dash board).

My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O -

2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db

2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db

Powered by: Sundown Audio

I have never competed meca, how do they hold the meter at the headrest? What are the rules for it? Peak score on burp? Unmanned?

Andrew, you should give it a shot. I like you see what that Black&Nasty can do in MECA style.

My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O -

2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db

2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db

Powered by: Sundown Audio

We had a car that peaked at 70hz did a 152.x db drag style ddid a 146 meca new box tunned to 42hz for meca was over a 150 sooooo for headrest the car peak is not everything

Out of curiosity was the car a crx? My vehicle peaks at 53 FOR Meca. I've never tested resonant frequency for any other organization. In Meca my car peaks at 53 which is where I see my highest SPL number. For 3 years I've tried lots of designs and boxes and spent a lot of money on wood and did everything I could to gain that 1db. I was so desperate I tried what other people have said knowing that there was a real GOOD chance that design would suck ass, and it usually did LOL. I've got a lot of time in my vehicle for Meca for the little number I'm doing. Maybe one day I'll figure out what needs to be done and finally hit the number I want.

Not a crx is was my teammates 89 S10

I personally would try a lower freq the 53hz

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

We had a car that peaked at 70hz did a 152.x db drag style ddid a 146 meca new box tunned to 42hz for meca was over a 150 sooooo for headrest the car peak is not everything

Out of curiosity was the car a crx? My vehicle peaks at 53 FOR Meca. I've never tested resonant frequency for any other organization. In Meca my car peaks at 53 which is where I see my highest SPL number. For 3 years I've tried lots of designs and boxes and spent a lot of money on wood and did everything I could to gain that 1db. I was so desperate I tried what other people have said knowing that there was a real GOOD chance that design would suck ass, and it usually did LOL. I've got a lot of time in my vehicle for Meca for the little number I'm doing. Maybe one day I'll figure out what needs to be done and finally hit the number I want.

I know for a fact that most S10's like betwen 39-45 in Meca, hell, ask Brian Stice, Ben Hemp. You can actually youtube both those guys. S10's are VERY popular in Meca because they get loud easily. If you're not doing a 150 in an S10 in Meca then you're doing it wrong or simply not going for a big number. I have 2 buddies out here that run run early 2000's S10's and they both peak just about the same. AZ is a Meca state, we have been for a few years. A few of us have also gone to Meca World finals. We've played with a lot of different vehicles and a lot of different boxes.

With all this being said, I would love to tuned to let's 39hz and still hit 150. I built many a boxes to many different freq just for curiosity. My favorite was tuned to 33hz. Didn't do squat for a number, 144db smh, but I enjoyed it more than a box tuned at 49

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander
Sony 712

Soundqubed HDS208

Alpine MRV-M500

Transmission line enclosure

Soundqubed wiring

Knu rca

XS Power battery

CNF terminals

I know for a fact that most S10's like betwen 39-45 in Meca, hell, ask Brian Stice, Ben Hemp. You can actually youtube both those guys. S10's are VERY popular in Meca because they get loud easily. If you're not doing a 150 in an S10 in Meca then you're doing it wrong or simply not going for a big number. I have 2 buddies out here that run run early 2000's S10's and they both peak just about the same. AZ is a Meca state, we have been for a few years. A few of us have also gone to Meca World finals. We've played with a lot of different vehicles and a lot of different boxes.

With all this being said, I would love to tuned to let's 39hz and still hit 150. I built many a boxes to many different freq just for curiosity. My favorite was tuned to 33hz. Didn't do squat for a number, 144db smh, but I enjoyed it more than a box tuned at 49

An 89 s10 is completely differnt than any newer S10 that does not peak anywhere near 45 hz meca or not but ok good luck to ya

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived