Tuning issue/or im just not the brightest. (3sixty.3)

mmets

second part of the title is more correct. have a 3sixty.3. hooked up. radio volume set at 28. (clean with DD-1) 360 set up, levels are at -10db and all frequencies are at 0. (flat) amp gains set with DD-1. When playing if I raise the level on the 360 (remote) mids and highs start to distort. when I went into the program and set all frequencies at -10 to match the level it is not nearly as loud. Just need some advice on how to go about doing this here. I have a couple different rta's on my phone but no mic but the phones. Pointers, tips, techniques to do this would be great. I have tried by ear a couple times but just cant seem to get it loud and right. love the processor and the features but its beating me down right now. I would go have it done but would like to save some money right now. thanks for the help.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

you reset your amplifier gains ??

I would set them flat (no gain) and tune from there ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

there is a gain on the 3sixty.3 is set to -10 and then the processor is all flat. Then i set the gains on the amps. Im leaving work early today to go down to the parking lot to mess around with it again. benefit of working at a college. early days.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Remember that the less gain you HAVE to use in you amplifiers ... the better your amplifiers will perform hence giving you better headroom ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

I would reset everything and start over maybe its the hu distorting.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Remember that the less gain you HAVE to use in you amplifiers ... the better your amplifiers will perform hence giving you better headroom ...

Good point and didnt even think about that. I turned the imput down on the 3sixty.3 because of the voltage out of it can be. DC amps are good to 6v but the 3sixty.3 can go up to 8v. I'll change them to again and reset the gains again on the amps. Thanks.

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

I would reset everything and start over maybe its the hu distorting.

Will be doing that. HU though was done with the DD-1 without and with the 3.sixty.3 in. I just need to reset everything and start from scratch. Need to mess around with the processor more anyways. Only thing i really messed with before was the HU eq which is not nearly as complicated. practice makes perfect i guess......at least someone said that at some point.

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

another thing to remember ... When tuning (especially with your new processor), this will take a while ... don't expect everything to just jump in there perfect in one or two days ... most SQ people tune all year just for Finals ...

another thing to remember ... When tuning (especially with your new processor), this will take a while ... don't expect everything to just jump in there perfect in one or two days ... most SQ people tune all year just for Finals ...

i have only messed with it a few times and have only put about 3 or 4 hours into it so i understand im not anywhere close to where i need to be. will be a work in progress for a while though. Do appreciate the advice though. Thanks.

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Cableguy184, Rich.........Thanks for the advice today. Truly appreciate it. Just finish resetting everything. Gains on the amps now are maybe only a 1/8 of the way up now (used DD-1) and overall much better. had to decrease the bass freqs some to get up to full volume with for the mids and highs but much better now. Not perfect but a really good starting point now. Thanks again for the help. You ever in DE send me a PM, I'll buy the beer (or whatever you want to drink) Thanks.

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)