My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

Finished the box today. I painted the port with a cast iron color and then painted the lip of the port a burgundy color. I know it looks real red in the pic. My truck is burgundy so I thought that would break up all the tan. The red on the sub mounting will be covered up but may have about a 1/4" around it that may be seen. I like it.

20140227_145255_zps0piv4nc9.jpg

20140227_145230_zps2su0s046.jpg

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

I like it!! Paint really looks good, I like the burgundy accents on the tanish sand. Nice work my friend!

Did/are you going to paint the port too?

Did you check out razuuk's sub box? Kinda resembles yours. If you haven't, you should, it's slot like his door panel thread. insane amount of work and design.

I like it!! Paint really looks good, I like the burgundy accents on the tanish sand. Nice work my friend!

Did/are you going to paint the port too?

Did you check out razuuk's sub box? Kinda resembles yours. If you haven't, you should, it's slot like his door panel thread. insane amount of work and design.

The port is painted cast iron. I wanted something different then just black.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Sick! When ur new sub getting there and installed?

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

Sick! When ur new sub getting there and installed?

I am hoping to have the sub either tomorrow or Saturday. Might be next week IDK as I don't have a tracking number. I will make the rear panel for my truck maybe tomorrow then I need to cover it in a tan colored vinyl. So I would say that everything should be in and running by next weekend.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Today I was working on the rear panel in my truck. I decided to go from the rear back rest down which is 13" tall and 49.5 long. I cut that today. I will wrap it in a tan vinyl this weekend. I need to take out the front seats, sub and the box to get the rear piece in. Also need everything out to install the New box. I may go back out today and get everything out and ready. I will attach the rear panel I made to the brackets for the rear seats. I need it real secure cause I am going to use L metal on the sides of the box to secure it to the rear panel.

Got my new sub today. :) So it should be soon. Ran into something I didn't think about. When I drop the sub in the box it is going to be a bitch if I want to take it out with the sub being somewhat flush mount.

I will start taking pics tomorrow.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Ok so I am a dumb ass. A buddy came over and I showed him what I was doing with the back panel. He told me why are you thinking of wrapping it when you won't see it.

So I thought about it and my box is 48" wide and the rear panel is 49.5 so I only really have 3/4" on each side to attach to. I only have a 2 1/2 " space to reach back to get to it when the box is in. FUCK

So what I am going to do is remove the stock rear pad which the box comes up half way on to it and trace it to a piece of 3/4 mdf. I will remove the brackets from the stock piece ( won't damage it at all and will be able to put them back if needed) and install them on the mdf. Then I can wrap that piece and have a place to secure the box too with a couple pieces of aluminum angle.

I just don't want to modify any of the stock interior pieces so in the future I need to put it back to stock it will be easy.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Ok went out today and took out the seats, sub, old box. Then installed the new box and subwoofers. YEA!!!

So right after I got it installed I went over to my buddy and took him for a test ride demo. Damn its louder LOL.

Sound quality went up also with it even being louder. I like it. You can tell it moves a lot more air then the single 12. Oh and voltage didn't drop below 13.7 :)

It should just get better as the sub loosens up. I am glad to say that I am happy with the amount of bass I have now. The front stage and the subs are better matched now. Ok here are the installed pics.

First one is with my seats out then back in with headrest off. I have the headrest back in but it was hard to see.

20140302_141434_zpsu5g5pjcl.jpg

20140302_151221_zps14kps306.jpg

20140302_151229_zpsyqadfuml.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

I will do another demo vid in a few weeks after the sub loosens up. Now to decide if I want to run the front stage active off my 125.4. Maybe they can get a bid louder if the crossover isn't sucking up some of the power.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived