My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

So I noticed that for some reason when I had my stereo slamming this morning on the way to work that my lights were dimming to the beat slightly but noticeable. Damn it I cant believe that this amp is pulling that much power but I guess it is. I have the AGM battery and a DC 180 amp alt and the Big 3 with 1/0 wire.

The amp requires 4 gauge power and ground so thats what I used. Well I guess thats not enough so now I will buy new 1/0 wire to make a new power and ground. This time I will run it under the truck along the frame rail and bring it up in the storage well under the subwoofer. I had a set of toolmaker 1/0 to 4 gauge adapters that I used on one of my amps in another build. They wouldnt fit in the rockford amp. Sucks. The stud was just too short to grab in the clamp style power and ground wire holder. So I started a search and really could not come up with much. Even started a thread. Well I was looking though my stereo crap and found a set of toolmaker 1/0 to 1/0 double power and ground adapters. :) So I broke out the band saw and did some cutting. I cut each one in half. Then cut some material off the back side to make the stud just a bit longer. Then I cut the stud to size. They were about 3/16" longer than the other adapters I tried so I knew if I tool a little off the back they would work. Well I got them to fit nice and snug. I cleaned them up with my air grinder with a sanding disc on it. Then wrapped the ground with black electrical tape and the power with grey electrical tape. They have about 3/16" space between the two but I wanted to be safe and wrap them. Now I need to purchase more 1/0 wire cause I gave the run of it I had in my truck before to my buddy I sold the soundqubed sub and amp to.

So I am hoping that running 1/0 wire for power and ground will help with the dimming. Its hard to believe but I had the soudqubed 4 channel amp wired with 4 gauge and the soundqubed 2200 wired with dual 1/0 and never had dimming while slamming.

Quit selling stuff dumb ass.. LOL I always need it later.

20161222_203028_zpsgnryu933.jpg

20161222_203040_zpsm8igw5mw.jpg

20161222_202950_zpsonjae8qs.jpg

20161222_202944_zps7owpexak.jpg

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Just ordered some toolmaker 6 lug battery terminals for my truck. I want to clean up the install under hood and the battery looks like a freaking mess. Plus I need to make sure I have a nice solid connection with all my wires.

Also thinking of picking up an extra battery to place in the back under seat well of my truck.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_100071_XS-Power-XP750-Special-Edition-600W-Battery.html

This one looks like it will fit just fine. So I would need to run 1/0 power and ground from my battery under the hood directly to this battery. I will need a fuse on the 1/0 run positive side under hood. Then from this battery Fused to my amp?

Is that the correct way to wire up an extra battery?

I want solid electrical well overkill is always better IMO.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Alright I put everything I wanted in my shopping cart at sonic. It consist of FAST speaker rings, the XS battery, 20' of 1/0 ofc wire and two inline ANL fuses.

It adds up to a bit of change so I emailed the sales department asking for a deal on whats in my cart. Now all I have to do is wait and see what they come back with.

My toolmaker terminals should be here in a couple days. Already got a shipping confirmation email.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Had a question for followers of my thread here. Thanks in advanced.

When installing the second battery what would you do? Will it make any difference at all if I add a double run of power from front battery to rear. And will it make any difference if I do a full run from neg battery up front to the rear battery or is it fine to ground the second battery to the frame?

1. Overkill?? 1 or 2 runs of 1/0 fused to the second battery, 1 run of 1/0 from front battery neg to rear battery neg, then 1/0 power wire fused from second battery to amp and 1/0 gound from second battery to amp.

2. Cheaper,,, 1 run of 1/0 fused to the second battery , 1 small less that 1' of 1/0 off rear battery to frame as ground, then 1/0 power fused from second battery to amp and ground from battery to amp.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

For the amount of power you are running I would think that a single 1/0 run front to back and grounding to the frame would be enough. Your truck has a full frame right?

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

For the amount of power you are running I would think that a single 1/0 run front to back and grounding to the frame would be enough. Your truck has a full frame right?

Yes it has a full frame. I have already done the big 3 well really 4 so that's was taken care of when I was running 2 12s.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Still waiting on an answer from Sonic. I am in contact with a sales team member. Said she would get back to me today with an answer. All I want to do is spend money..lol

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Just got an email back from sonic and they took 35 bucks off my 206 dollar order. I took the deal. That's a 17% savings which isn't bad. So I have a XS battery, Fast rings, 20' of 1/0 power wire, 1/0 fuse holder and a new relay that has a built in diode. The one I got at the auto parts store didn't have one so I figured might as well be safe.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Ok had to buy some more small stuff. Purchased a 300amp anl fuse for the 1/0 wire off the front battery to the second battery, a 150 amp fuse for the 1/0 wire from second battery to the amp, some bulk head water tight grommets for the power wire coming up from under the truck to the well under the rear pass seat and one for the ground from the second battery back out to the frame. Then I will put two in the rear seat shelf so I can pass the power and ground wires through in to the amp. Bought 8 copper lugs with heat shrink for all connections of power and ground wire. I need to go to the hardware store for some wire holders to run the power wire from the front battery along the frame of the truck.

So you ask yourself is this overkill for the amount of power that I am running? Well of course it is but its totally safe and it will guaranty that the amplifier will get all the amps it needs to put out full power. Plus who doesn't like to overkill their system.. lol

I am going to have to wire up my SMD volt meter so I can see what the before and after voltage drop is.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Man that's an awesome build, I must hear it in person!! oldsoundguy, I think I may be close to you. I too have a DC Audio m38 8" dvc 2 ohm sub that I plan to build a t-line enclosure and put her in the ext cab of my s10.

Archived