My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

AAARRRGGG I am soooo fucking lazy today. Have not done shit. Wife is sick and threw out her back yesterday so when I got home from work I had to help her. Then last night she comes to bed coughing and wakes me up. Fuck couldn't get back to sleep. Then I had to take her grocery shopping today and carry everything. So ya haven't done shit on the truck. Hopefully I will be able to make time next Saturday for install day.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Well I decided to take the day off for a personal day. I used it to install the amplifiers. I ran all new 14 gauge speaker wire to all speakers with correct speaker terminal connections. I cut the stock grill out of the doors and installed the Focal grills. I installed all new power and ground wire and 8 gauge speaker wire for the sub. I switch the HU from network mode to standard mode. Its all hooked up and playing. I set all the crossovers on the amplifier. I like the way the Xdi has speaker plugs to make it super easy to unhook speakers. I was able to unhook the doors and set the kick bandpass crossovers and the same for the doors.

Ok it sounds real good. I can tell its louder. Not just louder but a lot louder. I have the gains set to 0 on the xdi and the IA sub amp and it gets freaking louder than it did on the RF.  The sound is clean but it will take a few weeks to get used to the sound. I have the EQ flat and I set the time alignment using the custom setting.

20170403_175610_zps2mcyzctg.jpg

20170403_175619_zpsfovnwf9k.jpg

20170403_175634_zps24aefl6n.jpg

20170403_181700_zps9ozln8no.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Sounds fucking amazing. Flat eq and all songs sound great. Before some sounded good then others needed a little adjustment but not now. Ton of power with 0 gain. Love it knowing I am getting a perfect clean signal and power.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Ok I hate to do this but DAMN IT SOUNDS AWESOME!!! I think I will be saying that for a while.  I think the front stage sounds sooooo good that it makes the sub seem like it lacking if that is even possible. LOL 

A replacement sub will be researched. I just need something that has more cone area and has tighter bass. HHHMMMM The only sucky part is that I will most likely have to build another sub box. Although the boxes are getting better each time I build one so who knows it could turn out bad ass. lol

All I really know is front stage is complete and sounding awesome with the Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6   Super clean and this little amp is putting out some POWER!!! Holy shit I have absolutely no buyers remorse at all. I just hope I don't fuck it up some how. lol

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Today I cranked up the bass. I finally was able to over power the DC M3-8. I got it to smell a bit and get warm without clipping the signal.

Its now getting broke in properly. lol  

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Well I worked last Saturday and had some extra money so its time to try a different subwoofer. I liked the way the DC M3-8 sounds so I decided to stay with DC.

I bought a DC level 3 12" subwoofer. It was only 217 shipped from sonic just because they gave me 12 buck off and I had 27 in credit.

It is not in stock and on back order so I have plenty of time to design an enclosure.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Well I spent the last hour researching box sizes and tuning and came up with a design. I used torres box tuning.

I found a thread about the DC level 3 12 and DC suggest a box that is 1.25 but no bigger than 1.50 net after displacement and a port that is 15-18 sq in per foot.

Here is a screen shot of the box I came up with. It will allow me to put the two xs batteries on the end of the box and still have room for a person to sit in the jump seat next to it. The box I have now is 27" long and the new one will be 22" then with the batteries on the end it will be about 26". It will be made out of 3/4 Baltic birch and will have a double top baffle.  I have some design ideas but will work them out in my head first then see if I can make it happen.

20170408_223235_zpsr7yyzouu.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

From a 8" to 12" sub..... that should be a big output difference. Your like me bud, minds always thinking about the next upgrade or change. Very addictive hobby. LOL 

Just got back from Dunn Lumber with a 5'x5' 3/4" Baltic birch plywood. This will be turned into the new sub box. Still haven't come to a definitive box size and design but its fun thinking about it.

Yes going from 8" to 12" is a big jump. I just need low low's that the 8 just cant reach along with more output. It seems like when I try to match the sub output to the front stage its just too much for the 8. Not sure what I will do with the box and M3-8 yet. Would make a great first sub for the sons car in the future.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived