My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

Well after getting the truck back from Toyota I brought it home and rechecked the alignment. I have an alignment tool called the Fastrax. They told me that they couldn't get the camber correct as it was at the end of its adjustment on the pass side. Well they are dumb asses cause all they do is use the eccentric on the lower control arm. Fuck just use the shims on the upper control arm.

So I got it all dialed in yesterday. I now have .60 degrees - camber on both sides, 3 degrees of pos caster and toe in 1/8 "

Drives nice and easy now. All I need to do is keep an eye on tire wear for a bit just to make sure everything stays.

The only reason I took it to Toyota is because I thought something might be broken but it looks like it was mostly the toe.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Wow that's crazy, goes to show you even paying out the big bucks to go to a dealership isn't worth it. Sometimes it's the little indepent guys and backyard mechanics that really know what there doing. Sounds like your pretty mechanicly inclined.

Little bit. I went to ship board diesel mech school for the Coast Guard back when I was 18, worked on a Gov research ship for 3 1/2 years in the engine room. First car was a 67 Camaro and I did a bunch of work on that, Built a 66 Chevelle, a 500 HP 427 big block engine my self in my garage. So ya I can do a little.

Just didn't have time to try and figure out what was wrong with the truck so that's why I took it there. I let them diagnose whats wrong then I can fix it.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Sweet. Just talked to soundqubed about my return and the are only charging me 12 bucks for the return because iam getting stor credit. So I ordered 4 6.5 pro audio speakers, 2super tweets, a set of ear buds and a hat. Yea!

I hope it sounds good running the crossovers at the amp amd head unit. Might have to look into the 80prs.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Sweet. Just talked to soundqubed about my return and the are only charging me 12 bucks for the return because iam getting stor credit. So I ordered 4 6.5 pro audio speakers, 2super tweets, a set of ear buds and a hat. Yea!

I hope it sounds good running the crossovers at the amp amd head unit. Might have to look into the 80prs.

"...a set of ear buds and a hat" LOL. Love it... Idk why but that made me chuckle. Good stuff buddy!

"...a set of ear buds and a hat" LOL. Love it... Idk why but that made me chuckle. Good stuff buddy!

My skull candy ear buds when through the washer and dryer this weekend. LOL so I thought lets spend my 198 bucks so I threw in ear buds and a hat to cover the difference. I only have to pay 15 bucks more than the 198 I spent on the component set for everything I ordered. Cant wait.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

I ordered a Clarion CZ702 deck tonight. I figured I would give it a try since its not too expensive (139.00 from Sonic) and has real nice features. I read good reviews about this deck on this forum and others. It has active cross overs along with time alignment. It should make it easier to tune my pro audio gear coming.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

My soundqubed 6.5 pro audio speakers and the tweets showed up Friday. I went out today and took out the AQ 6.5 coax speakers and installed the 6.5 pro audio. I was able to use the grills off the AQs on the soundqubed speakers since they don't come with grills.

I don't have my new deck yet so I just set the amp to bandpass and set the crossover with my CC-1. I set it to 125hz hpf and at 3000 lpf. Set the hpf on the deck to off. It sounded ok but not that great. So I went for a drive and played with it. After messing with all the deck settings and just not satisfied I reached back and switched the amp from bandpass to full. Wow the speakers woke up. Louder, cleaner and just better sound. I set the deck HPf at 80hz. The highs are ok and I am sure once I get the tweets installed it will sound a lot better. Over all I would say if your on a budget and want a great full range speakers these are a good way to go IMO.

Once I get the new headunit installed I can have fun playing with the crossovers and get everything set up they way I like it.

My headunit should be here Thursday but I have a class I need to take on Saturday. I should be able to get the wiring harness soldered up and ready to install. Should only take about 1/2 hour to swap decks.

Still need to decide what to do with the tweets. The options I have are build them into the front pillars or build a small pod to cover the two holes in the door from the other tweets. I am thinking cover the holes and build small pods.

So If I run a small pod on the upper door should I put a slight tilt to the tweet to aim it at me more or should it be tilted toward the front window? Or other??

When I build my door panels I will tilt the door speakers slightly up and back.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Ok so I have a little extra money right now so I bought two sets of soundqubed soft dome tweeters. I want to see what sounds better, the four soft dome tweets or one set of super tweeters. I want to know before I finalize my idea for the door panels.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived