My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

Nice upgrades buddy. Wait to you put the HU in. That will be a game changer, i know it was when i went from stock HU to the Kenwood in the Malibu. Once you get that sub in there you wife will love the SQ difference and begin to understand your passion for the hobby. To bad you didn't take before and after videos of the difference but i am sure it is huge....

See i told you it would turn into a build! lol

The sound isn't a huge difference. Just cleaner and louder. The stock door speakers actually put out a lot of mid bass which I lost a little with the speaker replacement. That is why I am adding the subwoofer. Then it should sound better. She already has my original HU in her car. It a pioneer dehx6500BT    I really don't think my HU in my truck is really any better. They both have the same features except the 6500 has a slope setting on the HPF from either -6 -12. Mine doesn't have that. The more I think about it I may just leave it in there just because she knows how to use it.

Well I have the day off because it snowed here last night. We are also supposed to get snow today for about 6" total. I know it doesn't seem like much but I live on a hill. I have two ways out. One is go down a hill and play pin ball off the cars parked on the street if I loose traction or go up a hill which is just as bad. So I just stay home. My little Toyota 2wd truck sucks in the snow just because there is no weight in the back. I loose traction just in the rain. It really doesn't snow here enough to get studded tires, chains or put a bunch of weight in the back. A couple days off each year from snow is fine with me. I may go out and play with the kids in the snow then install the 80prs in my truck.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Sorry, i forgot you had already put a HU in her ride. Ya factory speakers are designed for low wattage output to sound optimal in there locations for mid-bass. I think the only thing to make the door speakers better for that is a small amp like a RF PRB, or PPI, ect. But it sounds like you came up with the best and easiest solution.

Always better to stay home than risk injury or an accident in bad road conditions. Wise choice my friend especially if you live in a hilly part of town. That and there's nothing wrong with a 3 day weekend to recharge, play with the kids and work on car audio.

After working on the SideKick and then getting in the wife's car the dynamic difference in amplifiers and speakers are nice and day. I have a older Punch 500x4 and it really sounds great on the T3's. Should only be about 50 watts difference but double the output is just that. Makes a nice difference, especially on $700 speakers.

Hopefully the daughter make it over today to install heater switch and pull rear panels off to get measurements so i can pull the trigger on some subs to change it up before something happens.

Have a good day off man! 

Her car also has an alpine power pack 4 channel HU booster amplifier. Its 45w per channel which is just about fine for the speakers she has. It really made the stock speakers come alive. Just couldn't get loud without distortion. Now it can get loud without distortion but no mid bass. Sub will help a ton with that. Hopefully she will be happy.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Again sorry, I am all f'ed up on her ride and what you have done. Glad it's cleaner and louder, as always you have a good plan and solution. Maybe if you built a build log i would stop suggesting stupid idea's. Probably not, but it would be cool to see.

LOL Its all good. I haven't really looked at the alpine power pack amp. It was installed by car toys in my truck originally. I just move it all over to her car. I was just reading the manual and it seems there are quite a few adjustments I can make to it. I think when I install the sub RCA's I will take a look at it and play with the settings. Might be able to make it sound a little better. Who knows.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

10 minutes ago, oldsoundguy said:

LOL Its all good. I haven't really looked at the alpine power pack amp. It was installed by car toys in my truck originally. I just move it all over to her car. I was just reading the manual and it seems there are quite a few adjustments I can make to it. I think when I install the sub RCA's I will take a look at it and play with the settings. Might be able to make it sound a little better. Who knows.

Thats great it has some tuning adjustments, i bet you can tweek it a bit. Do you think your RE's play low enough for like a sub stake in the Sidekick?

5 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

Thats great it has some tuning adjustments, i bet you can tweek it a bit. Do you think your RE's play low enough for like a sub stake in the Sidekick?

I am not sure about the RE's as a sub stage. I have thought about it though. I know they get low.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

I have 5.25, 6.5 & 8" MDF rings to use as guides to see what might fit in rear panel locations so i will know more today what might fit best. Just curious.

I could ship them up there so you can try them out.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived