My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

I think you will be able to tune it better than it sounds now with a bit more dynamic power without the crossovers. Plus give auto T/A a try. The computer on the 80-prs is pretty damn good but auto EQ sucks IMO. 

Your mid-range stage should be really nice with your door and kick panel drivers so close to one another. Q-Logic angles them up some so you hear the higher notes better. I believe you will be pleased. Hopefully they show Monday. 

11 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

I think you will be able to tune it better than it sounds now with a bit more dynamic power without the crossovers. Plus give auto T/A a try. The computer on the 80-prs is pretty damn good but auto EQ sucks IMO. 

Your mid-range stage should be really nice with your door and kick panel drivers so close to one another. Q-Logic angles them up some so you hear the higher notes better. I believe you will be pleased. Hopefully they show Monday. 

Alright man. Thanks for all the info and steering me in the right direction. Sometimes I get pretty set on what I want to do and don't really listen to advice.

Yes I will try the auto T/A. I don't like the auto eq either.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

33 minutes ago, oldsoundguy said:

Alright man. Thanks for all the info and steering me in the right direction. Sometimes I get pretty set on what I want to do and don't really listen to advice.

Yes I will try the auto T/A. I don't like the auto eq either.

I would say i steered in a direction, we'll see if its the right one. Passive would be good if you tweeters and mid-range driver where closer together IMO. But since there is some distance between them i think you might benefit from a active set up using the T/A. Others may disagree. Time will tell what you like better.

Well today was a short work day so I had time to play with my system. First thing I did was the auto time alignment. I took it for a drive and it sounded pretty good. Even the auto EQ sounded ok. When I got home I unhooked the CT sounds passive crossovers and ran the tweets to the front and the mids to the rear channels of the amp. Then took out the 80prs and set it to network mode and hit reset. I then started to tune. I have the EQ flat, low pass on sub set to 100hz , lpf on the mid is set at 6.3K hpf on mids set at 40hz, hpf on the highs set to 10k. Holy crap it sounds awesome. The one thing that is amazing is the amount of mid bass that I can get out of the CT sounds 5.25 running them active. Before with the other deck if I  would run the hpf off so it would just using the crossover I always got a ton of distortion and it never sounded good unless I crossed it at least 100k. Now it can play down to 25hz and hit some good lows with out distortion and sounds good even at high volumes. I ended up setting it at 40hz just because they don't need to play that low. I turned the gain on the front channel ( highs) down half of what they were gain matched to the HU @ 1k test tone.

Also the kicks showed up today. I will start on getting them sound deadened and cut out for the 5.25's. I will not be using the tweeters in the kicks. I will be running the 5.25s wired in parallel down to 2 ohms each side. That will give each set 190 w dynamic rms from the amp.

20170213_130022_zpsx0xkrc6a.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Kick panels look real nice. Well worth the $. Did the 80-PRS save your T/A after you switched to network and hit the reset? I am glad your getting more mid-bass and the system sounds better. 40 hz? Seem awful low to be playing those. When you hook both sets up you might want to try bumping that up some. Less stress on speakers and amp. But if can play that low without hurting the drivers then ok. Imagine your RE's then!

Glad its coming together man. New vids should sound better when its all complete! 

No when I switched to network mode it resets everything. I used the measuring tape again to set T/A after I did the reset. I will do the auto T/A after I get the second set installed. For now its working just fine. Oh and yes I will set the LPF to 80hz. I just wanted to see how low they could play. When I bring in the sub it pretty much cancels out that frequency so really no need to play that low on the mids.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Got to work on the kicks. Got them cut out, sound deadened and put some CCF on the back. I need to stop by Ace after work tomorrow and buy some bolts to mount the speakers to the kicks. Then install.

20170213_171919_zpsw2nxupl7.jpg

20170213_171859_zps5jpfllxr.jpg

20170213_182807_zpsouayxkhi.jpg

20170213_182737_zpsrydntd8j.jpg

20170213_183909_zpslf54to4x.jpg

20170213_183959_zpshi6vigem.jpg

20170213_183952_zpsx7uaouf8.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

I think I may paint them black and install the tweeter in the tweeter mount but not wire it up just to make it look correct. IDK

one reason to paint is I got the wrong color. I should of purchased the dark brown but bought beige cause that's the color I thought my interior was. Well I was wrong. I want to paint the door panel plastic black also so I may do them both at the same time.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

29 minutes ago, oldsoundguy said:

I think I may paint them black and install the tweeter in the tweeter mount but not wire it up just to make it look correct. IDK

one reason to paint is I got the wrong color. I should of purchased the dark brown but bought beige cause that's the color I thought my interior was. Well I was wrong. I want to paint the door panel plastic black also so I may do them both at the same time.

Both panel and kick panel painted black would look killer IMO. I just like black! Bitch to keep clean but can hide shit better, like expensive car audio equipment. Great job on sound deadening, i hope the sound killer.

Painted black the tweeter pod probably won't stand out as much and look better. Once you cut that hole there is no going back. Ride around for a bit with them in and see if you can live with them not being installed.

Any pics of the metal you treated behind the panels? Do they feel solid as fuck now that you deaden'd the plastic? Happy monday getting those in, Friday would have been better though.

I got my lowering coil springs for the Lancer today and driver half sanded and ready for body work. Daughter is bringing heater switch tomorrow to install and i will continue working on the lancer all week until i leave for Vegas. I just need my damn struts & shocks to show up. Think about getting all LED's for the lancer since all the lights are out. Spend that shit like i am printing it off. lol

Archived