Electrical Problem!!!???

Big 3 is not cutting wire its replacing with heavier gauge. Hell they might have fried your alt. Just doesnt make sense splicing the wire unless they shorted something out. What ever happend i dam sure would make that shop pay for it.

the Big 3 is not cutting or replacing any stock wire.. its adding more to it. you still need to keep the stock wire nut just cut it

no no no.. the alt has a 4 gauge wire that goes to a relay or fuse box. from there after it gets fused it goes to the battery.. then another 4 gauge wire goes to the starter.. you never ever want to replace them when you do your big 3.. the big 3 only adds 1 run to the alt charge wire 1 to the alt case for direct ground and 1 more run to the frame or engine. removing stock wire will give you more issues.. someone did that to mine and its hard to keep 12v on my dash electrical due to not having the 4 gauge from alt to fuse/relay box

correct I went out and looked and I just added to my stock wiring. If I remeber right if I unhook the stock wiring the car will not even start

2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Gathering Parts For Wall Build.

Team DC Audio 2014 Member

no no no.. the alt has a 4 gauge wire that goes to a relay or fuse box. from there after it gets fused it goes to the battery.. then another 4 gauge wire goes to the starter.. you never ever want to replace them when you do your big 3.. the big 3 only adds 1 run to the alt charge wire 1 to the alt case for direct ground and 1 more run to the frame or engine. removing stock wire will give you more issues.. someone did that to mine and its hard to keep 12v on my dash electrical due to not having the 4 gauge from alt to fuse/relay box

Well not sure what vehicle you have, but on my 91 chevy cheyanne. There is or was a stock 4 gauge going straight from alt to the battery. Then from the battery it goes to the relays and starter. So im not sure why you thinks it;s necessary to keep the 4 gauge from alt to batt. I guess you could but if using 0 gauge no need for keeping the 4 on the alt.

truthsayer

because some people remove the stock wire that goes from alt to fuse/relay box and do a straight run to the alt. you can replace the stock wire but its not needed and if you do you need to make sure all are done and you dont just delete on thinking its not needed.. im having issues with my truck because the person i sold it to removed the fuse/relay box and did a straight run to battery. it charges but the only thing giving power to my dash is a 8gauge wire that goes to the starter then to the ignition switch.. i need to fix that and its the reason you dont skip anything

Well not sure what vehicle you have, but on my 91 chevy cheyanne. There is or was a stock 4 gauge going straight from alt to the battery. Then from the battery it goes to the relays and starter. So im not sure why you thinks it;s necessary to keep the 4 gauge from alt to batt. I guess you could but if using 0 gauge no need for keeping the 4 on the alt.

you can replace that wire but his truck is not the same.as your cheyanne.. newer cars are wired differently.

Archived