Second Skin Audio

Tuning hell

g2shuck

You can always try oversizing the port a bit and using port plugs. As long as you air velocity coming out of the port is under 34 m/s you're solid. Did it in my 4th order (55hz burps 38hz daily).

Nah man, it's cuz of the bass.

Have you thought about adjustable/removable port? Interested in hearing other ideas.

Thats what I have been messing with tonight. One problem is with a short 40hz port in I woule be at close to 16 cubes net which is way to big. That is becuse the net volume has to be big to fit a 40 inch long port in for the 26hz port.

What about when changing the port out, you have something to secure on the inside of the enclosure to take up a lot of that airspace? That's what I was thinking of trying to do with my wall for 2 Lvl 6 18s this upcoming year. Have the wall as big as I can make it, and tune it low for daily with a removable port and then change it out to a shorter one for burps. But when I change it out just climb inside and secure some panels in the corners or something. Is that not allowed?

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

I am hoping to go to finals but that will depend on how well I do the rest of the year.

2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Gathering Parts For Wall Build.

Team DC Audio 2014 Member

Ya I think I am going to be stuck doing removable port with some sort of removable internal plugs I can crawl inside and bolt into the box for when I put the spl port in. Basically gonna be a huge pain in the ass but it should get super low with one port, be super musical for daily with a second port, and meter really well with a third port lol. Thinking 26hz port, 32hz port, and 40hz port.

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Ya I think I am going to be stuck doing removable port with some sort of removable internal plugs I can crawl inside and bolt into the box for when I put the spl port in. Basically gonna be a huge pain in the ass but it should get super low with one port, be super musical for daily with a second port, and meter really well with a third port lol. Thinking 26hz port, 32hz port, and 40hz port.

I was planning on doing a few different ports too to see what works best, I really like your idea of those 3 different ones though. I was only planning on doing a daily and then one for the meter

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Now that I think about it since I am going to only be doing music classes and not any burp classes would it not be ok to just tune the wall to like 28hz and leave it alone? It will still play down to 20hz for loud and low, but at the same time should peak in the high 30 to low 40 range for my music classes. Somewhow I forgot to put in this thread that the car will never be ran in a burp class only music classes. Normally 1.5 and 3 minute averages.

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Archived