Second Skin Audio

Need a box design(2x Sundown E8V3 & Hifonics 1100.1 Brutus

kiko

The problem with those designs are that the added walls will make the box larger and the thin ports and the multiple180 deg turns make the port inefficient so less SPL at tuning, you can try to compensate increasing port area but that in turn increases the box size further. If you don't mind a larger box certainly some of them could be made to work.

The Sundown box could be reworked to compatible dimensions but it will be larger than your max dims.

joe i dont know what means, but sound like my thoughts dont work.. so for the design you provided can i center the subs? to compensate the uneven sound? i would like a design that has a center port so i can definitely know the sound is going to come out evenly..

Untitled_zps21e96406.jpg

will this one work(ports on the side)? but i need measurement that is tune to 33-35hz....

Ok here ya go:

Screenshot2013-12-06222249_zpsa0e8fbfb.p

It has no kerf bent port, its all 90 and 45 degree cuts, you should be able to do it with your circular saw just fine if you take your time.

Screenshot2013-12-06222322_zps81f21034.p

Now making the design have a center port like you requested does come at a cost though. This box is larger and once the port splits into two sides you end up with a really high aspect ratio port, its 13.5:1, which I am not a fan of. With high aspect ratio ports like that you have higher resistance due to much greater surface area.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Ok here ya go:

Screenshot2013-12-06222249_zpsa0e8fbfb.p

It has no kerf bent port, its all 90 and 45 degree cuts, you should be able to do it with your circular saw just fine if you take your time.

Screenshot2013-12-06222322_zps81f21034.p

Now making the design have a center port like you requested does come at a cost though. This box is larger and once the port splits into two sides you end up with a really high aspect ratio port, its 13.5:1, which I am not a fan of. With high aspect ratio ports like that you have higher resistance due to much greater surface area.

thats a nice looking design!! okay since i barely have a clue at how car audio works and you run a audio business.. would it be better making your old design as far as SQ and SPL than this one? in a simple way can you explain why? because im seriously reconsidering doing a box that is worth the SQ and SPL that it can produce instead of what i "think" will look and sound good. i just need a word of wisdom from the experts..

Thanks Triticum Agricolam!! =D

Archived