kiko Posted December 5, 2013 Report Posted December 5, 2013 Hi guys im new to this forum and i would like to have a box design or suggestion made for my car. its a 2012 camry se. i want a ported box because my last set up sounded really nice. i would like to have trunk space at the same time. also i need a design that is simple enough to make cuts with a handsaw. dont know what hz i wanna run it at any suggestions?also i am very new to the BOOM world so please guide me towards a great sounding system.. =DD also wondering if anyone have tried running the specs they have on the sundown audio website? THANKS FOR LOOKING.. alert!!
john253a Posted December 5, 2013 Report Posted December 5, 2013 d2 or d4 config, power and space available will determine with their subs i like 1.2net @ 33hz on 14-16sq" of port slot or a single 4" aero post some measurement of what you would like to give up space wise, what do you want to achieve and what type of music do you lesson to
kiko Posted December 5, 2013 Author Report Posted December 5, 2013 d2 or d4 config, power and space available will determine with their subs i like 1.2net @ 33hz on 14-16sq" of port slot or a single 4" aero post some measurement of what you would like to give up space wise, what do you want to achieve and what type of music do you lesson to HI John i like to listen to hip hop, R&B, Country, Rap, and house or electric music.. as far as space i want to give up approximately 32x13x15 (LxDxH) (can give more on depth and maybe an inch on height going to get a final measurement later today) the 32 in length cannot be added any more due to i want it to fit inside a pocket in the trunk. as far as achievement BANG and clean sounding at the same time. most of my trunk is sound deadening already. will be doing the rest of my car when i switch out the components and mids.
kiko Posted December 5, 2013 Author Report Posted December 5, 2013 the subs are D4 and i believe can be tuned down to D2 if needed.. i really am new to this car sound stuff.. sorry
Triticum Agricolam Posted December 5, 2013 Report Posted December 5, 2013 the subs are D4 and i believe can be tuned down to D2 if needed.. i really am new to this car sound stuff.. sorry If they are D4 then that's what you are stuck with. You can wire the coil in parallel for a 2 ohm load or in series for an 8 ohm load. Here is a design that should work for you. Fitting the ports in these small boxes is a pain in the ass, I had to wrap the thing the whole way around, which is less than ideal. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
kiko Posted December 5, 2013 Author Report Posted December 5, 2013 can you email me the google sketch up version? also i dont think i can cut angles like that with a hand saw? if so can you link me a tutorial on how to cut those angles.. I LOVE THE THAT BOX DESIGN BTW!!.. oo and do the front panel have to be dual layered like that?.. it sucks not having a table saw and router.. what do you think about the box design by sundown's specs? http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/subwoofers/item/e-v2-series.html my email is :[email protected] THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!! =DKiko
Triticum Agricolam Posted December 5, 2013 Report Posted December 5, 2013 I assume when you say "hand saw" you mean a circular saw like this: I got your PM about wanting a simplified version with the port in the middle. I'll see what I can come up with. The problem with having the port in the middle is I have to use a bunch of 180s to fit the port in. It uses more space and more material than having a single port on the side, but its up to you. I'm sure the design Sundown has on their site would be fine, except it won't fit in your space. I'll get back with a revised design in a bit. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
kiko Posted December 6, 2013 Author Report Posted December 6, 2013 I assume when you say "hand saw" you mean a circular saw like this: I got your PM about wanting a simplified version with the port in the middle. I'll see what I can come up with. The problem with having the port in the middle is I have to use a bunch of 180s to fit the port in. It uses more space and more material than having a single port on the side, but its up to you. I'm sure the design Sundown has on their site would be fine, except it won't fit in your space. I'll get back with a revised design in a bit. yes, that saw.. lol.. you see how much of a noob i am.. Thank you very much!
Joe X Posted December 6, 2013 Report Posted December 6, 2013 Here is just another suggestion a bit simpler to build, the Sundown box may also be done if the dimensions are suitable, subsonic filter to 28Hz:
kiko Posted December 6, 2013 Author Report Posted December 6, 2013 is there a way to make it look more even? have the port in the middle or even having 2 ports? i built box for a single sub and it just sound offset in the car. im thinking its b.c of the port being on the far side and the sub also being on the same far side. i would like those designs alot if i had a SUV or a hatchback, but in a sedan it seems uneven to me.. Sorry for being picky guys!! i just want something that suits me the first time so i wont ever have to touch it again..THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT JOE!! I'LL KEEP THAT DESIGN IN MIND.. =DDD
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.