Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Single 12" sub placement in the box


oldsoundguy

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok so I have built a new box for my soundqubed hdc 12" subwoofer.

I built my first box for my Re audio sex10d4 and just found the center of the front and put the sub there . So I have sub and port on the same side and sub centered from edge of port to the edge of box.

So with the new box were is the best place to put the sub? is it right next to the port or farthest away or middle. I want it to face the same direction as the port so I can fire them both up.

Thanks for the help. I have been searching and searching and have found so many conflicting results.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Posted

pics?

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Posted

I don't have any pics yet. I just built the box last weekend and haven't cut the hole for the sub. Its just your basic L shaped port. Its 3 " wide.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Posted

Ok here are a couple of pics

20131130_162422_zps6b14fc36.jpg

20131130_162436_zps9539b572.jpg

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Posted

Double post

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Posted

Where you have the circle drawn and placed on the box is the correct way. Get it as far away from the port opening as you can :)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Where you have the circle drawn and placed on the box is the correct way. Get it as far away from the port opening as you can :)

So when you say port opening its the one inside the box correct? I get it just want to make sure if anyone searches they get it also. Thanks

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Posted

Yes, the port opening on the Inside of the box. You want the sub as far away from that as you can. It's just that way to prevent the sub unloading into the port.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Yes, the port opening on the Inside of the box. You want the sub as far away from that as you can. It's just that way to prevent the sub unloading into the port.

Cool maybe I will put a new front on the box that has the RE sex10D4 and put it as close to the port as I can and see if I can tell a difference. I have MDF left over from the new box.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6164 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...