Jump to content
DC Sound Lab

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

They look cool, just a bit of a pain to me.

Run the port the full height of the box on the side.

i was about to say that lol

If you want a port on each side, do 2 subs and 2 chambers with a port coming out of each side.

so basically when designing you design one side then just double it? in order to get the cubes and tuning and everythingthat is...

Edited by Junior Russell

http://www.youtube.c...e1?feature=mheehttp://www.stevemead...87#entry1993187

JVC KD-R530 head unit

VVME INNO-D1500 sub amp

Kenwood KAC-8402 amplifierPioneer 2-way 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohms

DTI Audio 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohmsbox: 4.24 ft^3 tuned to 61 hertz (port walls fell off and dissapeared :( )

Posted

Cody the reason I did it like that is, with a full side port to get around 33 hz it had to be like 2" wide or super long I need to find a happy medium. I like the look of a big 4-6" port but with this box it has to be almost to long. How much space do I need for the inner opening? I was trying to keep the port wall from going all the way behind the sub.

Mysignature_zpsc870b869.jpg

Posted

With the port like you have in the picture, you are going to create dead zones on either side of it.

I would choose functions over looks. 15in2 of port per ft3 is what I would shoot for.

Posted

So for a box that is 3.25 ft³ I should be right at 48.75 in². I know im not going to get those exact sizes but ideally this is what I'm looking for correct? So if I did a 5" port it would only need to be 9.75" long??? Am I right with this or completely off?

Mysignature_zpsc870b869.jpg

Posted

The math adds up but theory and practice are two diff things so to speak you know?

http://www.youtube.c...e1?feature=mheehttp://www.stevemead...87#entry1993187

JVC KD-R530 head unit

VVME INNO-D1500 sub amp

Kenwood KAC-8402 amplifierPioneer 2-way 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohms

DTI Audio 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohmsbox: 4.24 ft^3 tuned to 61 hertz (port walls fell off and dissapeared :( )

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 991 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...