Second Skin Audio

73 Nova, 300w RMS to SA8v2 enough?

lesstutrey

All right, i'm in the final stages of build a heavily modified (comestically and internally) 73 nova dubbed the nomaro. Since the outside is almost done, time to look to the inside. I have an amp already, it's an RE USX4250, not too sure how great they are, but it's the amp i have. My plan is to run a pair of 6.5 comps up front (not sure which pair, something under 200$, sa, id?) on the front 2 channels, and bridge the rears to run a sub. I was thinking of getting the SA-8v2, however the RE only puts out 300w RMS bridged, and the RMS rating on the SA-8v2 is 500w, and i know they can take A LOT more. This is a show car, but not an audio show car, so i'm really building the system so i can enjoy it on drives, not for any audio competition. I also have a rather loud exhaust, so system has to be able to go up so i can drown that out. I listen to music all over the gambit, rap, electro, rock, classical. Part of me is thinking i'll ending up buying a monoblock to drive just the sub once i can afford to add decent rear fill speakers... and the 2nd amp. I mean i have a POS Profile California 700w monoblock that does like 350w rms @ 2 ohm, but that's a crappy amp, and that only adds 50w, and don't really think driving that nice of a sub with that amp seems... logical. I mean, i was happy with the thud of a JL W3v1 running off the profile @ 4ohms (250w i think) but it had a JL made bandpass, think that was helping quite a bit in the SPL department.

So basically do i go with the SA-8v2 realizing it's only gonna have 300w rms thrown at it, or go another route (like dual ID8s, a SA8v1 or maybe SD2)?

Ok, i can do a 10, i mean heck i could put 4 10's in no problem, granted my budget/desires don't go along that route. It's got a big trunk is what i'm saying. So any recomendations on a 10 then or are you saying just get the SA10 because SA10 seems like it would just make my amp seem weaker with the 100w higher RMS rating, but about the same price tag. Now that i think about it, though, same motor just a bigger, and thus more durable, cone and the slight larger diameter means there is more surround, so also adding some durability, basically right? I should sleep, typing out my thoughts.

And pics of car, not a bad idea. The pic leads to gallery, cause barely any mod is visible here and the white balance isn't quite right in this shot thanks to booth light. Don't blame me for poor quality of a lot of the pictures, i didn't take a good chunk of them.

1468786_732977080063364_372035599_n.jpg

I have two sundown e series 12s on my Rockford T500-1 bdcp. They have been fantastic man. Definitely keeps up with my dodge 318's full catless exhaust.

300 Watts imo is fine untill/if you want more.

A nicely designed enclosure can make the most out of your system low end.. Check out ram designs if you have a chance.

Ps throw us some pictures man, i love novas haha twin 80mm turbos 6spd big brakes 4 link rear suspension daily driver :) man wish i could hit a lottery

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

2 Sundown E12 Ported 4cubes 35hz

Rockford P400-4

2 Infinity reference 3way 6x9

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

2x layer dynamat all doors

Ok, i can do a 10, i mean heck i could put 4 10's in no problem, granted my budget/desires don't go along that route. It's got a big trunk is what i'm saying. So any recomendations on a 10 then or are you saying just get the SA10 because SA10 seems like it would just make my amp seem weaker with the 100w higher RMS rating, but about the same price tag. Now that i think about it, though, same motor just a bigger, and thus more durable, cone and the slight larger diameter means there is more surround, so also adding some durability, basically right? I should sleep, typing out my thoughts.

And pics of car, not a bad idea. The pic leads to gallery, cause barely any mod is visible here and the white balance isn't quite right in this shot thanks to booth light. Don't blame me for poor quality of a lot of the pictures, i didn't take a good chunk of them.

1468786_732977080063364_372035599_n.jpg

That's the thing with subs, larger diameter + same power = greater output, it's like free watts, for all I know you could do a 12, it comes down to the size of the box you want to have, I would stay on the SA series just because it would just take an amp upgrade to get increased performance.

Nice Ride Sir ...

If it was mine, I wouldn't be installing any heavy enclosures / weight in there ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived