Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Torres not calculating baffle correct?


James Goss

Recommended Posts

Posted

Forgive me if any of this has been asked before. I searched, it's just difficult to find the answers.

Here's what I have so far in torres. I'm planning on running 2 SA 12's with around 2k watts in the back of my Ranger. The subs will be front-facing, with a front-facing center port. (I'm planning on rotating the box in the truck so it's actually firing up, but for all intensive purposes, I've calculated the outer dimensions as though it were on its side, facing forward.)

Final_design.png


I keep running into issues when I'm trying to translate this into a sketchup. here's what's happening:

Capture.png

If you can see the side wall, the blue outline -- that's the side dimension as given by torres. Unfortunately, what keeps happening is that the panel is .75" too long.... exactly the depth of the extra baffle. The dimension for the sides is shown as 13x16.5. However if there are 3 panels (2F,1R and they're all .75") the math: 18" -2.25" = 15.75"

no matter what I do, I can't seem to get this number to show up. I've flipped height and depth, selected port up/sub up, etc... and no matter what I do, I can't get a sketchup where the dimensions line up.

Where am I screwing up?

--

2nd question:

For my port, I need 30" of port length. I can take the port 13.5" down before needing to 'L' off in both directions. This leaves 16.5". Do I go 16.5" on each side, or do I divide the remaining space between the 2 ports (8.25 on each side).

--

3rd: Is this calculated from the middle of the port, or the edges?


Posted

Forgive me if any of this has been asked before. I searched, it's just difficult to find the answers.

Here's what I have so far in torres. I'm planning on running 2 SA 12's with around 2k watts in the back of my Ranger. The subs will be front-facing, with a front-facing center port. (I'm planning on rotating the box in the truck so it's actually firing up, but for all intensive purposes, I've calculated the outer dimensions as though it were on its side, facing forward.)

Final_design.png

I keep running into issues when I'm trying to translate this into a sketchup. here's what's happening:

Capture.png

If you can see the side wall, the blue outline -- that's the side dimension as given by torres. Unfortunately, what keeps happening is that the panel is .75" too long.... exactly the depth of the extra baffle. The dimension for the sides is shown as 13x16.5. However if there are 3 panels (2F,1R and they're all .75") the math: 18" -2.25" = 15.75"

no matter what I do, I can't seem to get this number to show up. I've flipped height and depth, selected port up/sub up, etc... and no matter what I do, I can't get a sketchup where the dimensions line up.

Where am I screwing up?

--

2nd question:

For my port, I need 30" of port length. I can take the port 13.5" down before needing to 'L' off in both directions. This leaves 16.5". Do I go 16.5" on each side, or do I divide the remaining space between the 2 ports (8.25 on each side).

--

3rd: Is this calculated from the middle of the port, or the edges?

1) Torres just adds the extra baffle as displacement, look how the second baffle is done in this pic so that the dimensions on the sides are unaltered:

SFPFcolored_zps74561d85.jpg

2&3) The shared port length is measured along it's center line end to end, whatever you enter as port length should be L1 +L2 in the figure below:

portlength_zps4e10b1af.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 5337 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...