Making the right decision..

Before I begin, let me say that I have never TRULY been a very happy person ever since I entered into College. The stress and anxiety levels that accommodate over weeks and weeks of tests and bullshit really put me into a dull pissy mood for a very long time...

So I got my finals marks back today... Needless to say, they weren't as good as I would have hoped. I have never really been good at tests or evaluations but somehow I always managed to get through classes. Until now............... I have failed a class.

My parents said I don't "apply" myself enough and that I don't study enough if at all or do enough homework.

Personally, I think the program that I took in school really wasn't the best choice I could have made (First year was a joke, second year was harder, and this term was hell. Still another one to go!).

After I completed high school my parents told me well you better decide what you are going to take in college (when I really didn't want to go to college because I already had a job and was happy with where I was in life). They forced me into choosing something, and I made a huge mistake.

Now, my parents paid for me to go through college... I have had the opportunity to go "on the job" through a Co-op placement and work in my field of study for 8 months... And I loved it! The experience was fantastic and the money was great. Until I had to leave and return to school... Where I started to miss the job... And started to really hate school...

So now I have made the decision to put school on hold until I feel I am 100% ready to take the challenge on. I only have one more semester of classes plus the class I failed to graduate... My college said that they understand me wanting to get right into the work-force already but really prompted me that I still don't have a diploma. I understand that. They also said that I can come back to the college to take that semester and class again in the future when I make that decision.

As of right now, I am a college drop out. But I feel SO HAPPY! I feel as if I have graduated.. Even though I really am a failure... But I had to do what is best for me right now. Funds are tight and the money isn't coming in as good as it did when I was full-time on the job.

I know partially ending my school career could drastically effect my future. However, it is time to do something MY WAY. It is my life. I can live it the way I wanna live it.

Replies, and " Feels " welcome. ahahahah :drink40:

Edit: proofreading

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

Well you can return to college any time in the future. So that doesn't make you a failure. Plus college isn't for every one. Many employers today aren't that keen on college kids anyway. Some feel they just hand out degree's now a days' The seem to care about getting the tuition money and not giving the education needed. So don't get down on your self, you haven't done any thing wrong. In fact some employers prefer a trade school over college. Anyways cheer up your still young and your options are unlimited.

truthsayer

if it makes you happy to stop going man they you made the correct choice. But take it from me some one who did bad in high school (not because I'm stupid or anything I was just lazy and did not apply my self) and has not gone to collage and works every day. I wish I was able to go to collage or even take some classes so I could better my self in my profession but I cant due to having no extra money to use for it. I could borrow (more) money but that would not be smart now I have just enough to get by as it is with my and my wife. So IMO if it where me and I was where you are at I would do what was needed get the degree and then go in to the work force ( I wish I was able to). You will get caught up in making money now and it will become where you will not be able to afford to go back to school to get the degree. Then you will not be able to get a promotion because every Fing company now wants people to have degrees for anything. so once again IMO I would just get the degree and then work.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Well you can return to college any time in the future. So that doesn't make you a failure. Plus college isn't for every one. Many employers today aren't that keen on college kids anyway. Some feel they just hand out degree's now a days' The seem to care about getting the tuition money and not giving the education needed. So don't get down on your self, you haven't done any thing wrong. In fact some employers prefer a trade school over college. Anyways cheer up your still young and your options are unlimited.

Thanks man I appreciate it.

if it makes you happy to stop going man they you made the correct choice. But take it from me some one who did bad in high school (not because I'm stupid or anything I was just lazy and did not apply my self) and has not gone to collage and works every day. I wish I was able to go to collage or even take some classes so I could better my self in my profession but I cant due to having no extra money to use for it. I could borrow (more) money but that would not be smart now I have just enough to get by as it is with my and my wife. So IMO if it where me and I was where you are at I would do what was needed get the degree and then go in to the work force ( I wish I was able to). You will get caught up in making money now and it will become where you will not be able to afford to go back to school to get the degree. Then you will not be able to get a promotion because every Fing company now wants people to have degrees for anything. so once again IMO I would just get the degree and then work.

I don't have the money to continue to go.. My parents are refusing to pay because they think I am going to fail. And I don't want to get a loan because I am already in debt $1500. Sure $1500 doesn't seem like much but after a $3800 tuition fee oh hot damn. I have heard a lot of people say the exact same thing you have said though. I will try and return to college! I will try!

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

Wanna ride bikes?

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

Do horns get low

Tough topic man....I was in the same situation about 5 years ago...But my parents seem a little more lenient than yours. I told them I hated it and they understood; then again I also had another 1.5-2 years left. If I only had a semester to go, I probably would have stuck through it. But you can always go back, you just have to apply that mentality and don't just keep telling yourself you will.

If there is a CAREER (not job) out there that you can do now with good cash flow, I wouldn't say no....But always keep in mind going back for that last bit could get you into something better. I have about 7500 in sallie mae paying back right now...It's not too bad but it would sure feel better paying it back knowing that I had a degree.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

What were you studying, if you don't mind me asking

mechanical engineering technology

Wanna ride bikes?

Do horns get low

What was your degree path? In my opinion it makes a big difference here...some degrees are somewhat worthless...

I was rarely perfectly happy through college but thats kinda just the way it is sometimes, you have to push through the tough shit, it will be worth it in the future.

I'm glad you are happy tho man! Just remember the longer you are away the harder it is to go back

Ninja'd about the degree. I have my bs in EE so I know how much engineering classes suck. But its pretty damn hard to get a real engineering job without a degree these days

Team NorthWestSPL

I know how it is not having the money it is taking every thing extra me and my wife have to try and get her able to take 1-2 classes a semester lol. But hay man you went and took some classes that still helps a lot in anything. and I know some people need a break going straight from HS to collage. My brain would have said FFFFUUUCCCKKK I thought I was done lol.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

I can understand what you're saying. I dropped out of college myself, but I quickly got back into school and now finally doing something that I enjoy. Just got to find something you enjoy and go from there.

Archived