Afficionado Posted December 15, 2013 Report Posted December 15, 2013 I'm not quite sure if that's the right term, but i will be having my subs facing forward and firing through the trunk, sealed off from the trunk. I recently let my uncle take my car and he blew my Sundown Z v.3 12. I went and bought 2 X-12's and now i have to build the box. I've only built one box and it was a burp box for a single 12. Any helpful hints or tips would be greatly appreciated. literally anything you can think of, from the right screws, or how to properly seal the box off from the back. anything will help This will be going in the trunk of a 2002 Pontiac Grand-am. I'll be using a t2500 to power them at 1 ohm. so throw at me any advice you can think of on box building in trunks. If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.
tacomaguy1 Posted December 15, 2013 Report Posted December 15, 2013 The term trunk wall annoys people around here for some reason.....firing forward from the trunk sealed off Make the box pretty much as wide/tall as you can so there's less rooom you need to seal off around it. Expanding foam or wood works, lots of different ways Team Flex Issues
DubNDodge Posted December 15, 2013 Report Posted December 15, 2013 Ha yeah it annoys me when people call it a trunk wall. Might as well call every box a wall. Here are some tips on how to seal off. If you need anymore pics, feel free to look through my BL. Then carpet, fur, flock or paint it and make 'er look pretty. '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
Afficionado Posted December 15, 2013 Author Report Posted December 15, 2013 very cool, what were your reasons for choosing slot port over aero port? If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.
DubNDodge Posted December 15, 2013 Report Posted December 15, 2013 Cost and looks Why spend anything more when I have the materials in hand. Plus I rather be looking at slot port vs aero port. '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
Afficionado Posted December 15, 2013 Author Report Posted December 15, 2013 Cost and looks Why spend anything more when I have the materials in hand. Plus I rather be looking at slot port vs aero port. ahh. I actually prefer the look of aeroports unless it is a giant slot port in a wall. Also, since this will only be my second box i've built, and i'll be building it in the trunk at that, i figure an aero port will probably be safer and easier for me. If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.
DubNDodge Posted December 15, 2013 Report Posted December 15, 2013 Something you could try is to build halves of it outside, and them assemble them inside. like right, front and bottom / left back and top. that's just me though. I actually had to put the top on inside the trunk. '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
Afficionado Posted December 15, 2013 Author Report Posted December 15, 2013 Something you could try is to build halves of it outside, and them assemble them inside. like right, front and bottom / left back and top. that's just me though. I actually had to put the top on inside the trunk. ahh, that's a good idea. this week i'll get the measurements done and the box calculations and then see what it is the most feasible way, thats a good idea though. If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.
Afficionado Posted December 18, 2013 Author Report Posted December 18, 2013 bump! If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.
Afficionado Posted December 18, 2013 Author Report Posted December 18, 2013 if anyone has suggestions on how to get this box tuned correctly, please chime in. I'm trying to use a single 8" aero port and having no luck. I've been told 12-18" port area per foot is optimal. Net box volume of 4.5-5.5 cubic feet, and tuning of 31 hz. max possible box dimensions are 37" width, 18" height, and the box can be fairly deep, 30"+ If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.