07' TBSS build log. System up and running, but when is it EVER finished?!

Slick setup. Not a big fan of the JL's, their amps are nice but power hungry like you said...

Can tell you take a shit load of pride in your work :D welcome to the site! Anything done to the truck performance wise? Those 6.0 liters SCREAMED!

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I remember the one night i was sittin behind an SS at a light. The light turned green, i blinked, and no more SS lol

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Thanks Boom50cal. My buddy here in Cali has a "pre ban" 50BMG…amazing to shoot.

But yeah, I do take pride in my work. I really can't stand to see things half ass'd! Sometimes, you just have to take your time and do it right. Some people just don't have the patients. I'm really just waiting for a second battery to rebuild the subwoofer and amp rack deal. Its fine now, but I want that WOW factor..lol. The truck is for the most part stock. Only a Cold air intake, MSD plug wires, good K&N, drilled and slotted rotors and the sounds! Its quick enough. I've had it a few years and thought of doing more performance upgrades, but I'm kind of done with the "going fast". If I decide to play again, I'll just build a quick car. 5,000lbs plus is just too big and dangerous! Thanks for the compliment man, I do appreciate it!

Kryptonite, lol. Yeah, that sounds about right! Although they are not that quick off the line, they seem to out run most smaller "rice" cars and such. The truck does surprise people, and factory exhaust sounds mean as is. Some like to make the trucks and cars they drive louder with a muffler, its all good. I like it just as is.

I did take a video tonight, but it sounds like shit! I need to figure out how to post a video..

Upload to youtube then post the "Share" link. I bet you're one of those guys like me, that will sit for an hour or more to make sure all the connections for head unit harnesses are soldered and heatshrunk right lol. Took me and cj92 a hour and 30 minutes to do his harness...but it looks damn good and has some SOLID connections. If you're into sound quality with a wow factor, Fi makes some killer woofers for the price. Ascendant Audio is pretty much the same people. I'm basically a hardcore Fi nut hugger... Heard good shit about DAD woofers too. CT Sounds has some really solid products too. Their woofers are supposed to be launching soon.

Never shot a 50cal myself. It was just the first username I thought of when I started into the online world when I was like 11? Muzzleloaders on the other hand, shot a few 50 cal smokepoles...hate them.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

there are a few of them around me, quite fast for what they are. Tons of money in performance upgrades though.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Upload to youtube then post the "Share" link. I bet you're one of those guys like me, that will sit for an hour or more to make sure all the connections for head unit harnesses are soldered and heatshrunk right lol. Took me and cj92 a hour and 30 minutes to do his harness...but it looks damn good and has some SOLID connections. If you're into sound quality with a wow factor, Fi makes some killer woofers for the price. Ascendant Audio is pretty much the same people. I'm basically a hardcore Fi nut hugger... Heard good shit about DAD woofers too. CT Sounds has some really solid products too. Their woofers are supposed to be launching soon.

Never shot a 50cal myself. It was just the first username I thought of when I started into the online world when I was like 11? Muzzleloaders on the other hand, shot a few 50 cal smokepoles...hate them.

I'm pretty sure at some point, I'll out grow the 2 12" JL w7's. They sound amazingly clean with the t1000, but looking around at all the builds here, it does seem no one really is running JL stuff. Thanks for the heads up! I actually JUST started getting into soldering stuff….I really fucked up. Now i'm addicted to it and want to solder EVERYTHING! LMAO. I started doing test solders and shit! But I do use heat shrink on a lot of stuff for sure! I'm make my youtube deal soon. I also have some videos of the 50 anyways. They are STUPID!

there are a few of them around me, quite fast for what they are. Tons of money in performance upgrades though.

Yeah. That's the problem. I've been down that road, and I don't want to ride it again. I parted with my first baby a couple years ago. She was amazing. But, it came down to me either dropping another 5-7k on top of the 20+k I was already into her, and made the right decision. Unfortunately, the new owner destroyed her...

RIP...

elky.jpg

Buick Grand National drive train. I fucked up and bought a rust bucket GN. Already had the Elky with a SBC. mated the GN to the Elky. (shortly after, los angeles had a few running around like mine…go figure) T66 turbo, methanol injection, cam and pistons, front mount intercooler etc etc etc… all gone now. Wasn't worth putting more money into it.

Archived