Fuzz Posted December 19, 2013 Author Report Posted December 19, 2013 I am trying to figure out if more speakers will sound beter than more power. I fully understand the front stage is the most important. That is all I am really concerned with anyway. I am the only one who is worried about what I listen to and how loud it is. It is not a joy riding/cruising vehicle. It is how I make my living and I am in it most of the day 6 days a week. So, I might just bridge the amp to the front speakers and leave the rear alone. We'll see how that goes for now....
bcbrassard Posted December 20, 2013 Report Posted December 20, 2013 Ya try that and see how you like it. Trial & error! More speaker on more POWER will get you louder! lol
gr8handogoatness Posted December 21, 2013 Report Posted December 21, 2013 I don't like rear fill, and I really don't like speakers in the rear trying to be loud. They do weird stuff with the sound stage. Rear speakers in my experience take away from the sound not add to it. If you had passengers in the back very often it would make sense but I think you should save the money and make the front better. Like was mentions before, processor and bridge the amp. You would probably be happier with it.
Fuzz Posted December 24, 2013 Author Report Posted December 24, 2013 Thanks, thats the sirection I am going to take. What processor and why?
gr8handogoatness Posted December 28, 2013 Report Posted December 28, 2013 Processing is still too new to me so I won't be much help on which are good and why. I think for immediate improvement bridge that 4 channel and send more power to the front while you research what you want to do with the processor. I do know that getting a good processor will allow you to run those components active and allow for time adjustments so you can get optimum sound out of the equipment you have.
Fuzz Posted January 3, 2014 Author Report Posted January 3, 2014 Grrrr. Another question has come to me. Since I plan on bridging the 4 channel amplifier to the front stage, will I have to split the rca's from the HU to the amplifier?
gr8handogoatness Posted January 3, 2014 Report Posted January 3, 2014 Yes. If channels 1&2 bridge and 3&4 bridge then you will want to bring the left RCA to both 1&2 then the same with the Right RCA to 3&4. So you will need 2 of something like this. There are others, thats just the first one I saw.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.