Fuzz Posted December 18, 2013 Report Posted December 18, 2013 I have a Tundra DC and have installed a decent set of components in the front doors and sails. I also have a single 8" sub under the rear seat. I want to put some speakers in the rear doors, but I want them to be relevant. I am only concerned with how it sounds in the front of the truck, I am the only person in this truck 99% of the time. I want the rear stage to sound equal in loudness and clarity to the front. I want it to be heard and not just a fill in sound. I have a 75x4 amp and a Pioneer HU which I can filter the signals with. I could go with a set of coaxial speakers ( my least favorite choice ) or another component set or a set of pro mid drivers. (this is what I am thinking of using but, after reading about them,I am concerned about maybe not having a clean sound???) Also, I will be adding another 8" soon, if that makes a difference. Not heavy on the bass, more of a fill type bass with a little thump. I guess I am asking for sugestions and opinions on how the different types of speakers would perform as the rear stage. It seems that most people go with Coaxials, but why nt a Pro Mid, seems like that would be louder and bring the rear stage forward.
bcbrassard Posted December 18, 2013 Report Posted December 18, 2013 I think most people how want rear fill also spend less by using coax speakers. I had coax in the rear deck of my car and it really moved the sound stage high and to the rea so i pulled them out and put components in the rear doors active off a T400-4. Now its just rear fill because speaker location is low on the doors and the front seats block the sound some. Sounds good if you sit in the back but i dont! lol So cost of T265, T400-4, wiring, ect was not worth the results in my set up. Thats alot $ i could have put toward the front stage. Anyway that was my experience. For what you want you might want to look at more power and getting your front stage louder if your adding another 8" sub down the road. Most people will say front stage is whats important.
notorious97200 Posted December 18, 2013 Report Posted December 18, 2013 I would Bridge the amplifier on the front set and forget the rear speakers. Then Spend the money on some sound deadener and on a better install of the speakers. black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp OEM head unit, Amplifiers : Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200. Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats. 2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.
Fuzz Posted December 18, 2013 Author Report Posted December 18, 2013 "Now its just rear fill because speaker location is low on the doors and the front seats block the sound some." Thanks for your insight bcbrassard. I guess I am trying to figure out if it is even worth investing in a rear stage. The system sounds pretty good as of now. I just feel as though something is missing and it would seem that another set of speakers might just be the answer. notorious97200I was playing around with that idea also. I just keep going around in circles with all the different options and confusing myself......
n8ball2013 Posted December 19, 2013 Report Posted December 19, 2013 You want t spend moeny to help your sound gwt a good peocessor and run your components active and forget the resr fill THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
bcbrassard Posted December 19, 2013 Report Posted December 19, 2013 Really what he said, Active with processing is best, and lots more power. Just research what you want, take your time in planning it out. What are you goals, whats the Budget. I, along with others have thousands into my system, some have tens of thousands. Good luck on what ever you do. Get your account set up, post pics of what your doing and check out what other with simular rides have done.
JesseyMclame Posted December 19, 2013 Report Posted December 19, 2013 run the stock speakers in the rear off deck power and theres your low volume fill lol. Current setup in my 96 Hoe Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs. Amps - (4) Crossfire C5 1700D's, MTX Thunder 5604(mids), PPI Art 300.2 (tweets) Batts - 4 91ah rear batts, 50ah batt up front. Subs - 2 Crossfire XSv2 18's Alt - Singer 330A Front stage - Random JL & Eclipse mids, Eclipse tweets
Fuzz Posted December 19, 2013 Author Report Posted December 19, 2013 I dont want it to be just a fill...
bcbrassard Posted December 19, 2013 Report Posted December 19, 2013 I hear what your saying, You want over all a louder system, but IMO your listen position (front Stage) is what you hear the most of so thats what you want to improve on. I reall dont hear the 300 watts in the rear compared to the front stage which is why i upgraded to 650 watt up front.
n8ball2013 Posted December 19, 2013 Report Posted December 19, 2013 So what are you trying to accomplish? Just mske it louder? I have zero.use for rear fill. If it wasnt for my daughter id have no resr speakers in my car. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.