Front crank shaft problems help!!

Oh, I knew Chrysler used a 2.7L engine. It had issues with the internal water pump seal. Had a brain fart, I don't think that seal leads anywhere external for it to leak oil.

Generally it is advised to replace the water pump, timing chain, and crankshaft iirc with that engine before the seal goes bad and water leaks into the engine.

The reason for the water pump and timing chain to be replace was because there is an updated model which is less likely to fail.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Find out where the leak is coming from yourself before you ever take something in cause they might try to rip you off.

Does it leak from the very front where the timing cover goes?

Does it leak from the drain plug?

Does it leak from the back of the engine by the transmission?

Does it leak from around the oil pan?

Does the oil pan have rust on it that may have developed a leak?

I have a dodge neon with the same engine and after many years it was leaking from everywhere, i replaced the oil pan, front and rear main seals along with a new pan gasket. take it to the car wash and get down there and spray as much as you can so you can get a better view of what it is that is leaking. It is quite possible the front seal was damaged or the bore may have been damaged if they removed the seal improperly.

Arm yourself with knowledge or shops can take advantage of you quickly.

I doubt he's trying to rip me off we've (my family) known him and his family for 24 years. We've gotten free oil changes free parts nothing but the last time I got abill from him he took off like 50$ just because he didn't want give change so he just rounded it down

And every time we go he explains to me what he's doing etc to my car or any car he's working on

But understand what your saying

I'm taking notes

I'll take everyone's suggestions and run it by him

And it was his idea for me to find info online since a he's a bit old lol

gouge like a cut or nick in the metal

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

If he just replace it and the seal popped out then it could be seal issue or that he didn't get it in all the way.

The part number for the crank seal you need is 320348 (National Seal)

The only other thing that causes seals to pop out is over filling the oil or too much oil pressure for some reason.

Edit.. Check the PCV Valve also

Agree with pcv issue. if entire seal is being forced out then there almost has to be to much crankcase pressure.

Archived