Front crank shaft problems help!!

A few weeks ago my car started leaking oil

So I took it to my mechanic

We get it backs sits in the garage a 2-3 days turn it on and it starts leaking oil again so we take it back

He calls the dealer to make sure he got the correct parts and tries to get more info also from other mechanics

He explain what was going on and what he tought would be the problem but he's trying to get more info before he starts taking things apart

He told me it was the front crank shaft seal. It keeps popping out. The crank shaft and seal are new.

Why do you think it's popping out? How to fix it??

It's a 2007 pt cruiser ~93kmiles

Seal could be defective, i doubt the crank would be defective because you'd feel one hell of a shake from the engine if it even worked at all. Could be some sort of gouge or scoring where the seal is supposed to sit thats causing the leak.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

what did he replace?

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Seal could be defective, i doubt the crank would be defective because you'd feel one hell of a shake from the engine if it even worked at all. Could be some sort of gouge or scoring where the seal is supposed to sit thats causing the leak.

I'll tell him to try replacing the the seal

What's gouge??

If he just replace it and the seal popped out then it could be seal issue or that he didn't get it in all the way.

The part number for the crank seal you need is 320348 (National Seal)

The only other thing that causes seals to pop out is over filling the oil or too much oil pressure for some reason.

Edit.. Check the PCV Valve also

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Find out where the leak is coming from yourself before you ever take something in cause they might try to rip you off.

Does it leak from the very front where the timing cover goes?

Does it leak from the drain plug?

Does it leak from the back of the engine by the transmission?

Does it leak from around the oil pan?

Does the oil pan have rust on it that may have developed a leak?

I have a dodge neon with the same engine and after many years it was leaking from everywhere, i replaced the oil pan, front and rear main seals along with a new pan gasket. take it to the car wash and get down there and spray as much as you can so you can get a better view of what it is that is leaking. It is quite possible the front seal was damaged or the bore may have been damaged if they removed the seal improperly.

Arm yourself with knowledge or shops can take advantage of you quickly.

EDIT: Quite possible the bore was damaged and they used some silicone sealant to try and mask the damage which caused the seal to pop out.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Does it have the 2.7L?

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Archived