Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

My first attempt at a vented enclosure.


osiris10012

Recommended Posts

Posted

Great job on the box! Your addiction has begun buddy! Post finished pics & a vid when you get it up and running. Keep rocking it!

Posted

Will do! I plan to have the port painted and the top installed by the end of Friday. I work a weird shift so my build time is in the mornings. After the silicone drys/cures then the install will begin!

Posted

lol. This is going in my Titan. Not sure how the f150's rear seats are. I plan to do another one later down the road.

Just got the top on today. Here in a little bit I plan to do some sanding. Then its just waking for everything to cure. I will snag a pic of it now that the top is on it.

Posted

Alright, I made some good progress on the box today. Got the top on and sealed it up as best as I could. I ran a small bead of silicone on the inside edge of the walls, then covered the rest with glue. Pretty sure it was overkill, but hey I would rather that than a leak. It made quite the mess but looks to have worked great! I let it all dry for about 5 hours and started sanding the outside nice and smooth. I then used a 3/8" round over bit in my router on the bottom edges. I then used a 1/2" round over for the inside of the port. I tried the 3/8's on it first but wasn't happy with the way it turned out so I went to the 1/2". I plan to round over the top tomorrow after the glue has had plenty of time to cure so I can pull the screws out. After all the cosmetic work today I am pleasantly surprised how well this box is turning out. Only thing I am not happy with is the one of the top is a bit off so it doesn't have that really nice flush finish. Oh well, if that is the only thing wrong with my first box I ever built I will take it. lol. I may end up painting the whole box black or vinyl wrap it. Not sure yet. Will most likely throw it in the truck with that nice bare wood finish for now. Well enough with the talking and here are some pics of my progress today

20131221_141240_zpsgtrbsvkk.jpg

20131221_141254_zpsvg7oovzl.jpg

Posted

Well just got done installing everything to find out the amp my buddy hooked me up with is a piece of garbage. I started by having everything turned the whole way down and the sub is wired to 2 ohms. I then verified the powericon1.png light was on and no fault lights, everything was good. As soon as I started to turn it up and begin tuning I heard the amp start popping and I hurried up and turned it off. I got that glorious oh !@#$ burnt electronics smell. I triple checked everything again and nothing is wired wrong and the fuse is good(only a 40 amp). So I tried again and now no matter what the amp barely makes sound come out of the sub. I pulled the fuse and gave up with it. I am pretty sure that amp is and was cooked before I got it.

Posted

shit eh. well hopefully you can sort something out.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

Quote
On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

Posted

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

Quote
On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6313 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...