Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

My first attempt at a vented enclosure.


osiris10012

Recommended Posts

Posted

That is a really sweet amp! I would need to find one a bit bigger though. I plan to go with something that will allow me to upgrade down the round. I was looking at the ct sounds 1400.1, but I have to do more research because shipping up here to alaska usually kills me.

Well I just pulled it apart and didn't find anything melted. lol. I did find a spot on the board where it looks like the microchip decided to pop. Not sure what would have caused that other than this amp is a first gen jl 250.1 so it is pretty old. Here are a couple pics I took. This was so disappointing. Got so siked with everything in and the amp craps out before I could hear the new enclosure/sub. Needless to say I need a new amp.

You can see the slighty burnt discoloration around chip 306

20131222_133554_zpst6pvddgs.jpg

20131222_133514_zpsiaxsdraw.jpg

Posted

Looks like I will just have to buy another amp. I plan to pull this one apart to see what happened if I can't get it to work.

How did you connect the coils among themselves?

Posted

That is a really sweet amp! I would need to find one a bit bigger though. I plan to go with something that will allow me to upgrade down the round. I was looking at the ct sounds 1400.1, but I have to do more research because shipping up here to alaska usually kills me.

Well I just pulled it apart and didn't find anything melted. lol. I did find a spot on the board where it looks like the microchip decided to pop. Not sure what would have caused that other than this amp is a first gen jl 250.1 so it is pretty old. Here are a couple pics I took. This was so disappointing. Got so siked with everything in and the amp craps out before I could hear the new enclosure/sub. Needless to say I need a new amp.

You can see the slighty burnt discoloration around chip 306

20131222_133554_zpst6pvddgs.jpg

20131222_133514_zpsiaxsdraw.jpg

looks like a mosfet transistor blew.

if you know anybody that repairs home amplifier or home stereos they might be able to fix that for you.

my buddy fixes mine he replaces all the mosfets. the hardest things are getting those stupid black clips on/off the mosfets and ordering the right ones ahah.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

Quote
On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

Posted

hmm not sure if anyone up here knows how to do that. Do you think it would be worth fixing or would I be better off just getting a new amp? I really can't complain the amp was given to me just sucks to be so excited and that to happen. On a side note I hooked it up to my home theater and it sounds really good. My home theater sub is 3 ohms so I figured what the heck.

Posted

from what i have seen it is worth fixing. if you cant find anyone up there to fix it ill buy it off you the way it is if shipping isnt too bad.

and its good to hear it sounds good. you did a good job building it.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

Quote
On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

Posted

Shipping both ways + repair will be too much for that amp's worth, I'd say either a local fix or a new one.

Posted

Shipping both ways + repair will be too much for that amp's worth, I'd say either a local fix or a new one.

or ill buy it. :Jim:

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

Quote
On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

Posted

from what i have seen it is worth fixing. if you cant find anyone up there to fix it ill buy it off you the way it is if shipping isnt too bad.

and its good to hear it sounds good. you did a good job building it.

I will have to look into it. Thanks for letting me know about that and I will let you know if I can't find anyone to fix it.

Shipping both ways + repair will be too much for that amp's worth, I'd say either a local fix or a new one.

yeah shipping from fairbanks ak sucks. lol

On a side note here is are a couple pic's of it with the sub installed

20131222_145649_zpsd8vqdqkr.jpg

20131222_145226_zpsaroxfwpq.jpg

Posted

my parents have that same false fireplace heater thing in their living room haha

sub looks good in there

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

Quote
On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6313 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...