Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

How much airspace do Soudqubed HDC3's need?


Impalalpine

Recommended Posts

Posted

Im hoping to do three 12's in a trunk to replace two 15's that I blew. Interested in the HDC3's but the enclosure recommendations are not very inspiring, a 600w sub requires the same cubic foot box that a 4 inch coil 2,000 w sub does?

So I have come to you guys, I can fit a 6ish cubic foot box. current box is 5.5 cubes for the 15's. I can give max dimensions. My question is, does anyone know how much port area and airspace HDC12's want? Can I fit three or just two? Could I fit three HDC10's?

Build's consist of:

2004 Chevy Impala :

Pioneer--------------------- DEH-X8600bs Soundqubed/AQ------ Q4-120

Rockford Fosgate---- Punch-500.4

Soundqubed/AQ----- Q1-3500D.1 Alpine----------------- 6.5's & 6x9's

Subs: TBA All Knukonceptz and SHCA wire and rca's

Home Music Setup

(4) Soundqubed HDS200 15's in two separate 15.5 cubic foot enclosures tuned to 31 hrz --- XM radio hardwire

Updates coming all the time on both builds

n8ball2013

"bullshit. Everything fits. If you cut enough."

Posted

You might be better off sticking with 2 12's, AQ's love their port and airspace

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget


2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Posted

Will they take a Q-3500 at 1 ohm?

Edit: proper gain settings of course. but will i have to babysit?

Build's consist of:

2004 Chevy Impala :

Pioneer--------------------- DEH-X8600bs Soundqubed/AQ------ Q4-120

Rockford Fosgate---- Punch-500.4

Soundqubed/AQ----- Q1-3500D.1 Alpine----------------- 6.5's & 6x9's

Subs: TBA All Knukonceptz and SHCA wire and rca's

Home Music Setup

(4) Soundqubed HDS200 15's in two separate 15.5 cubic foot enclosures tuned to 31 hrz --- XM radio hardwire

Updates coming all the time on both builds

n8ball2013

"bullshit. Everything fits. If you cut enough."

Posted

Im hoping to do three 12's in a trunk to replace two 15's that I blew. Interested in the HDC3's but the enclosure recommendations are not very inspiring, a 600w sub requires the same cubic foot box that a 4 inch coil 2,000 w sub does?

So I have come to you guys, I can fit a 6ish cubic foot box. current box is 5.5 cubes for the 15's. I can give max dimensions. My question is, does anyone know how much port area and airspace HDC12's want? Can I fit three or just two? Could I fit three HDC10's?

lol, it is because generally box sizes deal with cone area, not power. A 100w 12 will have the same as a 3000w 12.

They like big boxes, well, let me rephrase, they LOVE big boxes. My HDC3 15's were in 3.2 cubes a piece, hated it, put them in 5.5 per, and shined. Played across the board better.

Go with 2 12s, in about 4-4.5 cubic feet, close to 14-16sq in of port per cube. And yes, they can take a 3500.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Posted

Will they take a Q-3500 at 1 ohm?

Edit: proper gain settings of course. but will i have to babysit?

Yes. I ran my 2 on the 3500 no problem.

2010 Focus coupe- 8 12" wall. 157.5@46hz

2016 Focus ST - SQ build.

Posted

Will they take a Q-3500 at 1 ohm?

Edit: proper gain settings of course. but will i have to babysit?

Yes. I ran my 2 on the 3500 no problem.

I ran 2 hdc3 copper 15's in 5.5 cubes PER sub, on a 5k daily and they took it like a champ, got stinky after a bit, but suspension held up fine.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Posted

Will they take a Q-3500 at 1 ohm?

Edit: proper gain settings of course. but will i have to babysit?

They will be more then fine on that power. They are really quite a bit underrated. I have seen people putting 3k to them daily with out issues, just have to know what your doing. Not saying that you dont tho

99 HONDA ACCORD EX COUPE

1 American Bass HD15-D1 ~ THE PLAN- ? CUBES NET ~ TUNED 36HZ

SOUNDSTREAM TA1.3K @ .5OHM DAILY ~ STOCK ALT ~ BULLZ AUDIO 1/0

~BEST SCORE TO DATE ~ 95 BLAZER 147+DB 30-SEC MUSIC-BB2400 & 1 HDC3-18 W/STOCK ELECTRICAL~

~01 HYUNDAI SANTE FE ~ 1 DC XL 18 ~ SHARK2500 @ .5 DAILY ~ 145.8 LEGAL~

~2010 FCBC 450 STREET 3RD OVERALL~

~2011 FCBC 450 STREET CHAMPION~

~YOUTUBE SEARCH->bgowdy31 & bgowdy3131~

Posted

I would run only 2 if you look at soundqubed's websight they show how much space they recommend for 2 12's. I run a single hdc3 12 and it's in a 2.6 cubic foot box so with 2 you will need about 5cubes after all displacements.

Edit: link

http://www.soundqubed.com/Box-Sizes-and-Tuning-_ep_68.html

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 5337 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...