:-

So I had two 12inch kicker l7s that where starting to fry, so me and a friend built a box for his sub that was just collecting dust in his room. So we build this box and get it all hooked up. It sounded pretty good, went to adjust the gain to 54.8volts on a multimeter, and started banging in our old walmart parking lot. And whats the amp do? It FRIES!!!!!!!!!!! Again! I just got the thing back from getting fixed, I guess a couple powersupply and output mosfets where burned, and a pcb board. So Im assuming its the samething again.. But there must be something causing that to make them keep blowing. I dunno what, but its really starting to suck. I would of thought the amp would of kicked into protect or something, but I guess not...

But heres some pictures... Its not the best install, but it gets the job done since we had to work outside because the garage is trashed beyond belief... LoL

Box was 3.66 cubed before displacement, tuned to 32 hertz.

1 12inch Digital Design 9512 w/carbon fiber dustcap and triple stacked magnet

1 spl dynamics ext-3000d (3000watts rms at 14.4)

dcao0001la4.jpg

dcao0005dh8.jpg

dcao0011ia7.jpg

dcao0016hs7.jpg

dcao0018mu4.jpg

oh belive me, that box is glued!. It is glued where the wood meet the other board, and then again along the corners on the inside of the box. i used power grip or something like that. I threw the tube away already. But if you ever seen the commerical where this guys neighbor is working on his house really early in the morning, and wakes the guy nextdoor up, and he walks to his house and grabs the guys hammer that he is banging on his house with, and runs a bead of the caulk along the hammer and glues it to the guys ceiling then walks away.

We did cheap out a little bit tho on the wood, we used a old box we made for some dd 3515s that was 11cubed tuned too about 45 hertz that sat in a mazda mx3 firing foward.. That was a big box!!! heres some pics I took with my cell before I got uncheap and bought a digi, but it will give you an idea of the box size... PS: Dont diss the audiobling, right now I have more respect for a 2400watt rms amp at 15.5 volts for $400, then the spl dynamics that is 3000watt rms at 14.4 that costs almost $3000!

installpic1gs8.jpg

installpic3jd7.jpg

installpic7ef4.jpg

mazdabackviewns5.jpg

Hey I got to tell you, I've always been a fan of the unfinished look anyways, perfect example, all the wires are cleaning put away but still viewable. Box plain wood. I love the port cut out, always nice to see a first in the audio biz.

I have this dream of this underground culture in mind, coming to life through the Audio that I build, Deep Perfection.YUKON'S SITEhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2397609

INCASE ANYONE WAS WONDERING ABOUT THAT 1 FARED RF CAP, It is for the Clarion 4channel amp, it needs it... LoL

Im glad everyone likes the port, I think its sooo sexy.. Was thinking about throwing some carpet on the box sometime this weekend since I got a nice 4 day weekend thanks to thanksgiving. We just wanted to get it all in the car and hear how it sounded.. That 1 12 put the two 12 inch kicker l7s to shame!!! Until the amp popped!

So I just took the cover off my spl dynamics and inspected it a little and say this, I thought it was cute enought to take a picture of........................

dcao0001sj0.jpg

Ever wonder what a good amp looks like compaired to a kicker kx1200.1?

dcao0004nw6.jpg

My amp is getting ext-3000d is getting sent back in this comming monday to be fixed again. I was told by the repair shop that they will go through it better, and run it in their demo vehicle for a few days to make sure it is worry free. (im hoping that they will do something about the repair bil, but who knows). :-X

Hopefully this time it works properly. I had a feeling that it wasnt correct after setting my gain with the ROE volt calculator (although I used rms watts, and not peak, I wasnt sure on which to use, so I went with rms).

I entered in 3000 by 1 ohm, and it said 54.8. I tuned my gain to that on a really nice dmm, and well lets just say it didnt sound like 3000 watts or even close to 1000. I had a pioneer class d amp in the car when the amp was getting repaired, it was rated at 500watts rms and 1000 peak at 2 ohm (not 1 ohm stable, but took it fine), and was pretty close to the same volume.

I also had the line driver in with my ext-3000d and it did nothing but put my amp into protect with amp gain all the way down, and line driver gain all the way down.....