So after 8 years of it being messed I've finally decided to get my Traxxas Emaxx out and running again but I know I need some parts. Need some advice on some 7 cell batteries and what steering servo to get for it since I haven't been in the rc hobby in quite some time. I've been looking around for parts but not sure what to get and if most the parts will work on it since it's so old. I know I can't run the lipo batteries w/o having some kind of low voltage sensor/warning. From what I've found so far I believe it's either model 3905 or 3906.. Any input would much appreciated.

hey bro go lipo :D 2 cell should be more than enough check out hobbyking.com cheep as hell and fast shipping

ok, I'll check them out. It can run on either two 7.2V 6 cell batteries at 14.4V or two 8.4V 7 cell batteries @ 16.8V. They also need to be offset hump packs to clear the battery hold down bar, but I can make a straight pack work like I did before with tie wraps.

do 2 8.4 2 cell lipo packs they fit in the 7cell flat pack treys fine and your emax will hardly stay on the ground haha.

do 2 8.4 2 cell lipo packs they fit in the 7cell flat pack treys fine and your emax will hardly stay on the ground haha.

hell it rarely was on the ground when I had 2 8.4v NIMH packs on it,can't imagine what it's like with LIPO packs.. Aren't you supposed to have some kind of low voltage detector when running LIPO's so the cells don't get damaged from over-discharging?

hell it rarely was on the ground when I had 2 8.4v NIMH packs on it,can't imagine what it's like with LIPO packs.. Aren't you supposed to have some kind of low voltage detector when running LIPO's so the cells don't get damaged from over-discharging?

there is a piece you can buy or sometimes its built into the esc just have to check online or in manual

I believe I saw something for that the other day,some kind of low voltage sensor that plugs in if iirc. I've been out of the rc hobby for so long that I'm not even sure what to look for anymore. I'm on the traxxas site now trying to see if there's a parts list for my #3906 Emaxx. I'd love to get those LIPO batts but I'm also in the process of buying the rest of my gear for part 2 of my rebuild in my real truck,also getting ready to build a new box for my subs so $ is going to be tight for a while. I'm probably going to get some NIMH batts for now to get it running for now.

• 5 months later...

you can buy a blinky cut-off sensor that costs just a few bucks and is pretty much plug and play. However, it is pretty obvious when a lipo pack discharges to the point where it should be charged; I've never run a cut-off because all good packs will feel very strong for a short amount of time, seem to plateau for most of the run (it feels strangely like running nitro because there's almost no power loss over this period) and then a quick drop off that is very easily noticed. I would also suggest looking into Savox servos--best bang for your buck on the market right now and will easily last another 8 years. I have a few spare t-maxx parts and may even consider parting it out, so let me know if there's anything I could help you with!

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

Archived