alaskanzx5 Posted December 27, 2013 Report Posted December 27, 2013 yeah, it does seem that way. I was saying thanks though because I mentioned it and then saw a post saying port volume is important when its the area and not the volume that matters. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
bbeljefe Posted December 27, 2013 Report Posted December 27, 2013 yeah, it does seem that way. I was saying thanks though because I mentioned it and then saw a post saying port volume is important when its the area and not the volume that matters. What was said is that port volume is important to the total volume of the box but not tuning. I said that after saying at the beginning of the thread that port volume is irrelevant to tuning. ;-) Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc Instagram: audioanarchyllc Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe
GueroZ28 Posted December 27, 2013 Author Report Posted December 27, 2013 If you just want to calculate yourself the box download Torres calculator and read the manual inside, it will calculate everything for you just make sure to give enough port area, the manual tells you how to give enough port area.Im still using everything the same just a bit smaller since im now using h the 1/2mdf but everything still seems the same to the calculations u gave me (i think it was u) Ok I checked your older thread, listen, if you want to understand for yourself how all this works you need to study. A ported enclosure operation is defined by 3 variables which are NET internal volume, port tuning and port area. Port volume does not define anything regarding the operation of the enclosure, it just happens that if the port is larger in size your box will be also larger in size. Thanks thats what i was looking for.. and i was getting confused mainly because i have no idea how to exactly explain what my question is.. only question now is does each sub hqve a different recommended port area or that depends on the tuning and the box internal volume?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.