Jump to content

In the market for a new alarm


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys I'm wanting to buy a new alarm but have no idea what I should be looking at! Currently the vehical has a Clifford alarm that was installed back in 2001

I'm wanting a new one because I feel it's just time to update

2000 f150 ext cab power everything

Any brands I should stay away from?

I really want a pager I guess they call it or LCD screen on my remote that's about it, remote start would be awesome but is that includes with the alarm or will extra things be needed to purchase?

Budget : no more that $650

Posted

Viper or a python or a compustar

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

DEI or Compustar.

Id look at the Viper 57xx or 59xx. I'm not on the computer right now. I'm basing those model numbers off my memory, which may be a tad off.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

 

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Posted

Alright, I'm gunna be looking at some this weekened, do these high end viper alarms come with remote start? If so will there be additional parts needed to take advance of the remote start system?

Posted

Some do some dont you will probably need a module and install fee is usually more

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

Some do some dont you will probably need a module and install fee is usually more

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

Ok well if I do decide to go and put a starter on it, does this shorten the life of any parts on the starter itself or is this a solid upgrade that I can set and forget, meaning is it dependable or has there been known problems with keyless alarm starters?

Posted

nope, not at all. works the same as turning the key. usually it'll turn over for a few seconds, and if it senses a non start, it will stop turning over. they are very reliable and pretty cool if in the heat of summer or cold of winter. and they keep the alarm engaged.... so if someone attempts to drive off with it, it will stop running....

N8 recommended the viper 59 sumtin sumtin to me last year....has been a great alarm. thanks N8

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5714 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...