Second Skin Audio

2 SD-2 10's box design needed.

Brandon Mendoza

Going in a single cab F-250. Needs to be 5 and a half inches deep or less, should be do able right?. Not sure if we should run ported or sealed just yet. Anybody have these in a single cab? What are your opinions? Also should I just do 1 box for both subs or 1 for each. Will be on an SAZ 1200D at 1 ohm.

The dimensions you need to measure are width (W), height (H), lower depth (D) and upper depth (D2) as you can see on the pic. With those dimensions one can find out if you can do ported or not.. etc..

Gotcha lol sorry. I don't have the truck as of right now but i just asked the owner to do some measurements for me, will get back to you asap. All i know right now is the bottom depth which i was told is right at 10 inches. Feelin kinda silly right now for jumpin the gun and asking for a design without proper measurements.

SD-2 12's are 5 1/4in in depth to begin with. You are cutting it very close with that 5 1/2 limit. You need to realize when you have a sub, almost all of them have a vented pole piece in the magnet, which if it is cut off. Will not allow the sub to cool properly. just a fyi!!!

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

10's sir. 4 and three quarter inch mounting depth. SA's have a vented pole SD-2's do not, they have a solid back plate. You can mount those almost on the bottom or back of the box they vent on the side. Sundown's website says that. Trust me I've read and looked into this I'm not a full on noob lol.

Don't know if anybody is still interested. But I've talked it out with the owner and got the max dimensions he's willing to run. 20" wide x 14" tall x 9" on the bottom x 5" at the top (per box). If anybody could figure out a single SD-2 10 box (sealed or ported whichever works best) in or under those dimensions it would be awesome.

Archived