Good Component Set For $100-$175

Brandon Mendoza

For a Ford F-250 single cab so would only need one set. Headunit power but maybe could convince owner to get an amp for them later. Would like the loudest and clearest i could get for the money. Truck will have a decent sub stage (2 SD-2 10's on an SAZ 1200D) so owner wants to be able to hear the music clearly and he said he, "wants to be the one who plays music at the bon fires" lmao

im sorry but the likelihood of being the "Bonfire music guy" with $100 speakers playing off the H/U is pretty slim

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

I'm putting a pair of these in my thunderbird

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_43372_Sony-XS-GS1720S.html

They got pretty loud just off of 30 watts from my home stereo and the Crossover is bi-ampable so unless he has to have rear speakers he can use the rears off the head-unit to power the tweeters. oh, and they sound pretty good and you can either get a free head-unit or $100 if ordered from sonicelectronix. of course yo can get them for cheaper off of ebay or amazon but sonix has better customer service.

Edit

Like Maebros said, he's not exactly going to be the party's music guy off of just head-unit power, get a cheap 2 channel amp atleast so they can keep up with the substage.

I figured I would get that response lol. I told him he would need an amp and he said no problem later on down the road he will throw one in. Owners got money lol so it's fine, just hook it up with what you guys think is the best set of components for the money. I can go up to $175 maybe $200 so don't forget that.

I've seriously considered some FT1 scendo super tweets but I don't know how you would mount those without glassing a pod for them. And would a 6.5 crescendo Pro Audio do more then say a regular 6.5 inch mid driver? Could I just get the PA mid drivers and a separate 1 inch tweeter like scendos dome tweeters or something like that? Or should I just stick with a traditional component set?

(Edit: decided to just run Coaxial's lol)

So I'm thinking either these coaxial's http://www.crutchfield.com/p_091165CA1S/Focal-Access-165CA1-SG.html?tp=95&awkw=38738806825&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=13482231025&awdv=m

These Coaxial's http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1086211I/Infinity-Kappa-62-11i.html?tp=95

Or swinging by our local Hertz dealer and seeing what he can help with.

Archived