Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Pushing subwoofer cone while playing


Golitan11

Recommended Posts

Posted

A few days ago, I pushed the cone of my subwoofer several times (to work out the spider before the ride, as always), but music was playing and the bass part came when I was pushing it (I felt it). It was unexpected because my amplifier gain remote was at zero and I didn't know the subwoofer was able to play only with the headunit power (a bit). It was not visible but I felt it was playing. I also put a hatch cover everytime I leave on the subwoofer (to prevent stealing) and sometimes I leave it there even while driving and playing music when it is really cold outside (with the gain at 0). All that being said, does it affect a subwoofer to push it or leave something on it while playing? Thanks.

Posted

What does working out the spiders before the ride accomplish? So let me get this straight you push in your subs to loosen them up before music.LULZ

Posted

The music should loosen and mellow the subs out man. But seriously unless ther moving big time it shouldnt hurt em physicaly.

Posted

Shouldn't have done any damage at all. I don't think it's necessary to "loosen" them up before playing anyway..

Posted

What?? If its really cold where you stay just play them with the bass low till you think they are warm no need to push or put anything on them.

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

Posted

it sounds like you're trying to crank start your subs.... :ehh: just play them.

no you didn't hurt them. leaving something ON the subs is definitely bad. leaving something OVER the subs, not touching, is fine.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Posted

^^ haha more like sub cpr lmao, but op it wont hurt the sub.....

2003 silverado TEAM DC

Pioneer Avh 5500

4 DC lvl 5 18s

12 crescendo pwx 6.5s

4 crescendo ft1 tweets

6xs d3400s

Singer 400 alt

Skyhigh ofc wires

Skyhigh speaker wires

Smd vm1

2 DC 175.4

DC 10k

bottom-1_zps841868a8.gif

biggains_smd05_01_zpsmzshwldk.jpg

biggains_smd05_02_zpskjra9f1e.jpg

biggains_smd05_03_zpsncvjgng9.jpg

biggains_smd05_04_zpsr7ddubta.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6112 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...